illnesses going around...

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Veteran member
Default illnesses going around...

I was just wondering from those who might have been ill recently in the area. I was "hit" with something a week and a half ago---cough, head full, weakness, slight headache and achey-ness. Anyone else been having this?? How long does it last??
Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

OH..I am sorry. One other person I know has the same symptoms. Would you trust some of my chicken soup?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
I was just wondering from those who might have been ill recently in the area. I was "hit" with something a week and a half ago---cough, head full, weakness, slight headache and achey-ness. Anyone else been having this?? How long does it last??
Got it! I just reached the first week mark. Most of the symptoms you mentioned are now gone except now it seems to be concentrated in my throat. Mucus(y) and slight, occasional cough. I can sleep now, but still feel tired. I can't wait for it to be over.

Oh, I just changed my avatar to reflect how I feel.

Xavier
Old 03-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Gracie...thanks for the thoughts and the offer. I don't have an appetite really and already have some chicken soup.

Xavier...let's keep this thread going as it would be "interesting" to hear other's inputs AND to keep up on the progress of this nasty bug. Hoping you'll soon be up and at em (me too). Oh...and it must hit each one individually. I had the throat thing right away...that's gone now but the cough is still here but it's better than before.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Sage

Jen... a group of 14 of us returned from a cruise about 10 days ago and 6 of us got sick towards the end of the cruise or after our return. Similar symptoms as you described.

Also, this is high pollen/allergy season in FL so that irritates breathing and throats.

Last I checked on the CDC map, flu outbreak was "widespread" in FL.

Finally, by late February a lot of visitors from the North start flocking down, bringing germs with them.

Mix all of the above together and you get lots of sick peeps.

As to how long it lasts, the yucky feeling lasts 3-4 days, the cough lingers.

Your results might differ.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Hi Jen, unfortunately for me, I have had this for the past month. Never flu-like symptoms, but heavy congestion in my lungs (almost to the point of pneumonia), very heavy coughing, headache, and definitely tiredness. Been on Medrol, antibiotics, mucinex, et al and can't seem to shake it. Heading to doc right now for follow up but I can still feel it in my chest. I have 4 friends who also have had it and they are calling me Typhoid Mary because they feel I have given it to them.

Hope you feel better soon, especially quicker than I did.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Unhappy illness

had it in Jan. lost appetite for days. lost energy for at least 3 weeks. taking some type of allergy meds like Zertec or Claridan helps with the throat and drips. Nasty stuff
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Gracie...thanks for the thoughts and the offer. I don't have an appetite really and already have some chicken soup.

Xavier...let's keep this thread going as it would be "interesting" to hear other's inputs AND to keep up on the progress of this nasty bug. Hoping you'll soon be up and at em (me too). Oh...and it must hit each one individually. I had the throat thing right away...that's gone now but the cough is still here but it's better than before.
Actually mine started with a scratchy thoat as well. That sort of went away and then the head cold kicked in. Like you said achy-muscles, tired, runny nose, stuffed up, etc. Now just mostly the throat again.

X-austed
Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OH.. Would you trust some of my chicken soup?
Careful, Gracie, alot of us might suddenly come down with a touch of something, with an offer like that!

You are so kind.

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Veteran member

Maybe we can open up our own wing of "sickies" somewhere. I just woke up from a nap and feel like another one might be in the off-ing this afternoon. I should have some lunch...but ugh...not one thing sounds good! Maybe some soup would do it!!
Hoping this doesn't last a month!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Platinum member

I had it in January. It was almost 3 weeks before I started feeling normal. Hope yours doesn't last as long!
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 03-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Sage

[quote=JenAjd;334635]I was just wondering from those who might have been ill recently in the area. I was "hit" with something a week and a half ago---cough, head full, weakness, slight headache and achey-ness. Anyone else been having this?? How long does it last??[

Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

It will be 2 weeks in a day or two now that I came down with this "bug". Still not 100% but getting there a little, a day at a time. So whoever said it last us to 3 weeks probably is right with this. Hope you all, who've spoken up here and have it...that you're feeling better soon!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Dancing Thyme

Thanks Jen, the doctor said yesterday, good news, the bronchitis is gone, bad news is, you now have allergies with all this pollen around. Back to the Zyrtec, let's hope it helps. I'm so tired of being sick...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Veteran member
Default I was got a cough/cold at Christmas

and then in February, I was hit by "the Bug" with aches, and cough and lethargy. I was knocked out for 3-4 days and could hardly get out of bed and had 2 bowls of apple sauce and some ginger ale in the 4 days. Over the next 2 weeks I gradually got better but still have to watch how I expend my energy. This is a brutal one and a friend in Montreal called it the 180 daymflu. I used oragonol oil and Hydrogen Peroxide (35%) and Buckley's to get it under control. I haven't had the flu for eons so this was new for me and I am hoping that I have built up enough immunity that it won't take hold again. I'm counting on it to be gone from TV by April so we won't be laid up. Would hate to waste any of our precious days down there being sick! Hope you all are getting/staying well.

LW888
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.