Informal Poll on Recent Debate - Health Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2016, 07:38 AM

I am out!

After working in the health insurance field for 30 years, I would not choose a Medicare Advantage Plan, unless financially that was all I could afford. Luckily that's not the case.

When a young family needed guidance, I would help them understand that an HMO should meet their families needs at a price they could afford. I even helped my brother decide on a Medicare Advantage Plan when he became eligible since finances were as important to him as his health. It took a great deal of effort on my part to get him some care he needed through his Advantage Plan and some compromise on his part, but necessity is the mother of invention.

I hope I will always be in control of the medical care I receive and pray that I will not need it. That's why they call it "insurance".

Last edited by OCsun; 07-28-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 AM

My wife and I looked into 'Advantage Plans' several years ago and apart from cost could find no advantage in them. We decided to stay with traditional Medicare and BC/BS supplemental Plan F and have never been tempted to change.

If the Villages Healthcare system is so good why do they have to take out what amounts to full page ads in the newspaper every week ?.
I would have thought word of mouth would have had people lining up at the doors to sign up !

Just my thoughts.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, medicare, original, thread, tvh

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.