Integrated Family Medical Center

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Default Integrated Family Medical Center

Any reviews on this medical facility and particularly Dr. Kalpana Desai?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Sage

I wouldn't go there...I did and left after 2 visits! She doesn't really take a lot of time (my experience anyway) and wanted to promote her products and the products of her friends/associates (non-medical I might add). I had gone to an integrated medical clinic up north which was nothing like this!!! You can google her...I think there are sites that offer information on doctor's but right at the moment can't think of the site. Thought I'd saved it in my favorites...it's not there. Best wishes in finding someone you trust.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:52 PM

Do a search for Desai on this forum and you'll see a number of threads where comments on this practice were made. I also went there ... and after a few visits, decided to go elsewhere.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Abandoned In Exam Room

I was a patient of Dr. Desai for a couple of years. I saw her last about two years ago. During that visit she was called out of the exam room by staff. I waited and waited. Eventually, I heard her talking to a male patient in the room next to me. When it became apparent that she had forgotten me I opened the door and got the attention of a nurse who immediately realized that I had been forgotten. When Dr. Desai returned to my room she DID apologize and I accepted. That was the last time I saw her. Since then I have heard that she "forgets" things often.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Veteran member

I go to her, but am not thrilled with the practice at all! My last visit I was 'forgotten' while she went to the other room. That person was having a 'first time' visit so I had to wait forever!
She appears to constantly advertise in the Daily Sun for new patients, but I agree with the previous poster....she doesn't spend enough time with her existing patients, I feel I am always rushed and she gets annoyed when I question anything.
Again, I have the age old question...WHERE do you find a good female Dr in this town that will prescribe Bio Identical Hormones?
Old 10-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Sage

It was a no go for me after the first visit. She spent 15 minutes with me ordered some tests..most of which I had done within a year...and the bill was $505. I went one more time to get the results which she went over in less than 10 minutes and I had no time to ask questions. Adios. And by the way, she really didn't tell me anything I didn't know.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:19 PM

I absolutely agree with all of the above!!!!! I'm new, have managed a medical practice for 20 years, and she definitely does not like questions asked nor does she listen or remember from your previous visit. If you have too many questions, you have to make another appt. I only went to her because of compounding thyroid which she totally screwed up anyway. On to the next. Moved here 2 months ago and so far disappointed in finding doctors that listen and understand.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.