Just be prepared for the final wave as vaccine distributions are happening

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2021, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,243 Posts

///

Last edited by Altavia; 01-28-2021 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Maybe they some seen the side effects first hand?
Side effects that take a couple of days, at best, to get over? What is wrong with these health care professionals? Would they rather be shot down with Covid and may take more than two days to recover from, even death?

I seriously do not understand why health care professionals are denying the science behind these vaccines. I'm truly am stumped.

Last edited by coffeebean; 01-28-2021 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2021, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
They are negative right now.

What is bothersome are the ones that don't wear mask or eat out all the time, and socialize....while the rest of us stay home,never eat out or enjoy shopping. But they are able to find a shot and their thought process is ',great, now we can go out more w/o a mask. Cuz we got the shot" and the rest of us stay home, still looking for a slot 🤦*♀️
I'm not sure I'm following your logic. When people get their second vaccine shot it is almost impossible for them to get the virus or spread it. Why should they continue staying home, mask wearing and social distancing? Isn't the purpose of the vaccine to allow us to stop these protocols?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm not sure I'm following your logic. When people get their second vaccine shot it is almost impossible for them to get the virus or spread it. Why should they continue staying home, mask wearing and social distancing? Isn't the purpose of the vaccine to allow us to stop these protocols?
Don't bother, there is no logic in it
Old 01-28-2021, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
My understanding for wearing a mask after both doses of vaccine is that they are not sure if you could still give the virus to others.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
My understanding for wearing a mask after both doses of vaccine is that they are not sure if you could still give the virus to others.
More likely, if you are in a grocery store with 30% vaccinated and 70% not, no one will know who's who.
Old 01-28-2021, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
It would be nice if this were an individual decision but it’s not. If you go out and get infected and don’t know, you could infect a large number of people and here they could die due to the vulnerability of the population
Actually, it IS an individual decision. Until someone makes a law restricting us to a certain behavior, then it is up to the individual. Life is full of challenges, so one has the choice to join life as is, or opt out and become a hermit. I will not have someone else dictate how I live in a FREE country. If I enter a business or your home, I will abide by the owner's rules. But, I will not allow someone else's fear and hysteria dictate my actions in public. Folks die every day, and there is always some means of extending lives a bit longer IF one wishes to limit their freedom or put limits on their lifestyle. As long as Americans have the freedom to make individual choices, then we will have those that do not condone other's actions. And many folks today seem to be so weak that they NEED the government to make lifestyle decisions for them. To those folks, I say "GET A LIFE."
Old 02-01-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1040 View Post
Even people you KNOW can be carriers because you dont KNOW where they have been and who they have been around ...the barber, the beautician, getting nails done, on and on. Each person has a bubble around them of where they have been and who they have been around You should not be around anyone you do not live with without a mask - we are a professional medical family and we take this seriously. Would not think of eating in an indoor restaurant or going to a gym, playing trivia or any of the many things we enjoy right now...getting tired of it all too after one year of isolation but we want to see our grand kids grow up, get married etc . Too much to live for to take any chances right now....
I know someone who was quite social here and said they only hung out with a group that they said they KNEW where all those people have been. This person contracted COVID here several months ago and was in a fight for their life with a very lengthy hospital stay. They have since “recovered” but are a shadow of their former self and unable to do even the simplest things because of the after effects of how COVID has left them. Doctors don’t know if they will ever recover from the damage it has caused.
When people quote the “survival” statics they don’t mention what some of those peoples “survival” now looks like. Life has forever changed for them.
If people are telling you they are hanging out with their “Social Group Bubble” because they KNOW them keep in mind there are many leaks in that bubble.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts
Default Or perhaps someone has an agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I would be concerned with a facility where 95% of the staff refused the vaccine. Perhaps it was a choice to step aside and let others get the vaccine first - FWIW, that would make me feel a little better about the refusal.
After all this is talk of villages
FYI I got my first shot last Thursday at Gainesville Va I’m 82 no side effects at all please get your shot if you can
Closed Thread

Tags
final, healthcare, overwhelm, finally, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.