Just be prepared for the final wave as vaccine distributions are happening

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts
Default Just be prepared for the final wave as vaccine distributions are happening

German hospital under quarantine over more infections coronavirus variant | Reuters

The Ireland Event | Epsilon Theory
The Ireland Event | Epsilon Theory

The B117 variant might cause the big shutdown, as its thought to be 50% more infectious with the same hospitalization rate, might just finally overwhelm the healthcare system.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I drove by the LSL square yesterday afternoon and the bars were jam-packed.
No masks, no social distancing. The virus has not yet peaked around here.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

What is seen in the squares has been going on for months.
Maybe we have already peaked and the numbers we see today represent...mask or not...social distancing or not...vaccine or not...life style...like it or not.

What we see on the squares represents what percent of the total villages residents?

What percent of residents are still not circulating?

If there was a way to calculate the "active" population....discount the inactive numbers.....then all the new cases, deaths etc as a percent of the active would show much higher more real rates.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Sumter peaked early January...

VACCINE - COVID-19 in Florida (Dr. Jason Salemi)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	2B3736A5-DE04-4C9B-BB24-646EA7D23674.jpg
Views:	4136
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	87825  
Old 01-24-2021, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Just do not understand these people
Old 01-24-2021, 03:21 PM
Sage

They don’t know how to get drunk at home
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 01-24-2021, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Just do not understand these people
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 01-24-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Corrected a tag
Old 01-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
[QzUOTE=Stu from NYC;1892238]Just do not understand these people
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?[/QUOTE]

Standing shoulder to shoulder with people you do not know is rather foolish right now not to mention life threatening.

We do go to restaurants and do takeout regularly but still socially distance ourselves with folks we do not know
Old 01-24-2021, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

Quote:
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?

Standing shoulder to shoulder with people you do not know is rather foolish right now not to mention life threatening.

We do go to restaurants and do takeout regularly but still socially distance ourselves with folks we do not know
Everyone has set their limit as to how much or little they will do to protect themselves from the "mysterious demon virus." I know some folks that will NOT frequent a restaurant at all and have not been out to eat since this started. And there are some folks (like myself ) that think they are invulnerable because they NEVER get sick. Some folks get their groceries delivered or have the order put in their vehicles, curbside. I also did that in the beginning, but now enjoy(?) shopping inside where I can inspect the items I might purchase. Because I have been aware of the stats, witness reports, and conjecture in the past year and have moderated my behavior according to my sense of threat.
I do not harangue those that do not agree with my opinion, because I do not wish anyone ill will. I give only my reasoning for my actions and do not insist that others act in unison to my practice. If I thought that I was dangerous to anyone else, I would modify my behavior to correct any realistic threat.
That said, I do not care if hundreds or thousands of others enjoy their lives in bars or dancing at the village square. It's no sweat off my back and they are no obvious threat to me or mine. I believe that mountain climbing is dangerous so I do not do it. But, I do not care if others enjoy climbing about large formings of granite.

Live and let die, is an interesting motto worth exploring...
Old 01-24-2021, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Everyone has set their limit as to how much or little they will do to protect themselves from the "mysterious demon virus." I know some folks that will NOT frequent a restaurant at all and have not been out to eat since this started. And there are some folks (like myself ) that think they are invulnerable because they NEVER get sick. Some folks get their groceries delivered or have the order put in their vehicles, curbside. I also did that in the beginning, but now enjoy(?) shopping inside where I can inspect the items I might purchase. Because I have been aware of the stats, witness reports, and conjecture in the past year and have moderated my behavior according to my sense of threat.
I do not harangue those that do not agree with my opinion, because I do not wish anyone ill will. I give only my reasoning for my actions and do not insist that others act in unison to my practice. If I thought that I was dangerous to anyone else, I would modify my behavior to correct any realistic threat.
That said, I do not care if hundreds or thousands of others enjoy their lives in bars or dancing at the village square. It's no sweat off my back and they are no obvious threat to me or mine. I believe that mountain climbing is dangerous so I do not do it. But, I do not care if others enjoy climbing about large formings of granite.

Live and let die, is an interesting motto worth exploring...
I do not confront people just avoid those that we think are playing safely.

The problem with your reasoning is the more people who do not take precautions the more cases we get and the longer this goes on.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
I do not confront people just avoid those that we think are playing safely.

The problem with your reasoning is the more people who do not take precautions the more cases we get and the longer this goes on.
Or down the road they find the variant of Covid strain changes, therefore it will continue for everyone’s life time. Like The multitude of flu strains, the vaccine, doesn’t work on many.
Since My entire family, including myself went to a hospital exposed everyday, never had fear of the end result. Not only exposed to patients, but coworkers, sometimes masks were worn for multiple days, becoming ineffective, sometimes masks just weren’t available. And yet here I am, as well as my entire family, still getting up everyday, with no fear, of what we can’t control.
Then again if it’s my time, I have no control of that either. I just live my life like tomorrow is not guarantee
Old 01-24-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Maybe they take Chances because they are about to run out of money!
Old 01-24-2021, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Or down the road they find the variant of Covid strain changes, therefore it will continue for everyone’s life time. Like The multitude of flu strains, the vaccine, doesn’t work on many.
Since My entire family, including myself went to a hospital exposed everyday, never had fear of the end result. Not only exposed to patients, but coworkers, sometimes masks were worn for multiple days, becoming ineffective, sometimes masks just weren’t available. And yet here I am, as well as my entire family, still getting up everyday, with no fear, of what we can’t control.
Then again if it’s my time, I have no control of that either. I just live my life like tomorrow is not guarantee
That is beautiful. I am myself very cautious especially for my hubby, and very grateful for the courage of those who contribute so much to our lives.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:32 AM

Do you really believe that the people gathering at these bars are there for altruistic reasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Old 01-25-2021, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Well said.
👍
Closed Thread

Tags
final, healthcare, overwhelm, finally, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.