Just be prepared for the final wave as vaccine distributions are happening

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2021, 06:18 AM

Afraid? Cautious? Caring? Protective? Does it matter what others do? You cannot control them. Only have control over yourself. Wear the Mask. Wash your hands. Stay healthy with diet , activities and attitude.
This is not going away and although vaccines will help it does not cure. Maybe many years from now in your great grandkids lifetime Covid will be like Smallpox, Polio, and others gone but not forgotten. Yes it would be nice if the carrier at the bar stayed out of Publix but not going to happen. Maybe , just maybe they will follow the request and mask up when they go to Publix and public places.
Maybe the obituaries should state died with Covid refused to wear mask. Or maybe we should all mind our own bodies and health and learn to deal with the world like it is today. No easy solutions. Try to be Kind. Try to lend a helping hand. Stay safe for yourself and those you care about. Or run red-light. Refuse to yield. Slide through on purpose at the STOP sign. Cheat on your taxes . Throw your cigarettes out the window... Get the picture many humans will not do simple civil actions so if you think they will fight the virus keep dreaming.MANY do and will consider the wellbeing of others and themselves. Those are the ones I choose to associate with. Make your choice and move on. Town Square is a very very small part of the world. The behaviors there are no different then weddings, football games, etc. Stay safe.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?
Standing shoulder to shoulder with people you do not know is rather foolish right now not to mention life threatening.

We do go to restaurants and do takeout regularly but still socially distance ourselves with folks we do not know[/QUOTE]
Agree 100%
I watch Covid spread to 18 people because 1 person was exposed she then gave it to 6, one person from the 6 gave it to 2, then 3 more, one of the 3 gave it to 4, then 2 more. Three got pretty sick and 1 is in ICU in Ocala. All from one not knowing she was exposed in time to stop being around family before giving it to them.
People this is a topical spread don’t kid yourself that it not.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:00 AM

Be prepared for coronavirus to be with us forever.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:04 AM

The virus does not move. People move the virus.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

A very popular line dancing class has been hit hard recently.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?
Standing shoulder to shoulder with people you do not know is rather foolish right now not to mention life threatening.

We do go to restaurants and do takeout regularly but still socially distance ourselves with folks we do not know[/QUOTE]
Thats right. It is foolish but the world is packed with half wits. Why care? Patronize the businesses that follow the distancing/mask rules, drive by the ones that dont and live your life safely. As the nitwits die off, more houses for sale for us!
Old 01-25-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
I drove by the LSL square yesterday afternoon and the bars were jam-packed.
No masks, no social distancing. The virus has not yet peaked around here.
Could it be that these folks have already recovered from the virus? My BIL doesn't wear one since he and his wife tested negative after getting sick with COVID. I'm sure people secretly make judgments.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Everyone has set their limit as to how much or little they will do to protect themselves from the "mysterious demon virus." I know some folks that will NOT frequent a restaurant at all and have not been out to eat since this started. And there are some folks (like myself ) that think they are invulnerable because they NEVER get sick. Some folks get their groceries delivered or have the order put in their vehicles, curbside. I also did that in the beginning, but now enjoy(?) shopping inside where I can inspect the items I might purchase. Because I have been aware of the stats, witness reports, and conjecture in the past year and have moderated my behavior according to my sense of threat.
I do not harangue those that do not agree with my opinion, because I do not wish anyone ill will. I give only my reasoning for my actions and do not insist that others act in unison to my practice. If I thought that I was dangerous to anyone else, I would modify my behavior to correct any realistic threat.
That said, I do not care if hundreds or thousands of others enjoy their lives in bars or dancing at the village square. It's no sweat off my back and they are no obvious threat to me or mine. I believe that mountain climbing is dangerous so I do not do it. But, I do not care if others enjoy climbing about large formings of granite.

Live and let die, is an interesting motto worth exploring...
You exhibit an unusual amount of common sense and wisdom compared to most. I applaud your line of thinking and agree one hundred percent. Thank you and I hope others upon reading it will modify their narrow minded way of thinking that everyone else should follow their example.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Or down the road they find the variant of Covid strain changes, therefore it will continue for everyone’s life time. Like The multitude of flu strains, the vaccine, doesn’t work on many.
Since My entire family, including myself went to a hospital exposed everyday, never had fear of the end result. Not only exposed to patients, but coworkers, sometimes masks were worn for multiple days, becoming ineffective, sometimes masks just weren’t available. And yet here I am, as well as my entire family, still getting up everyday, with no fear, of what we can’t control.
Then again if it’s my time, I have no control of that either. I just live my life like tomorrow is not guarantee
So true. We never know what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy life whenever possible.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
They don’t know how to get drunk at home
That's funny!
Old 01-25-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Just do not understand these people
If you don’t understand it, Stay Home
Old 01-25-2021, 08:58 AM

Or down the road they find the variant of Covid strain changes, therefore it will continue for everyone’s life time. Like The multitude of flu strains, the vaccine, doesn’t work on many.
Since My entire family, including myself went to a hospital exposed everyday, never had fear of the end result. Not only exposed to patients, but coworkers, sometimes masks were worn for multiple days, becoming ineffective, sometimes masks just weren’t available. And yet here I am, as well as my entire family, still getting up everyday, with no fear, of what we can’t control.
Then again if it’s my time, I have no control of that either. I just live my life like tomorrow is not guarantee

Well said....I was a nurse and yes we never knew what to expect when we went to work each day. Took care of all types of patients and I am still here. Enjoy life and live for today.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:10 AM

Sell the fear baby!
Old 01-25-2021, 09:23 AM

It would be nice if this were an individual decision but it’s not. If you go out and get infected and don’t know, you could infect a large number of people and here they could die due to the vulnerability of the population
Old 01-25-2021, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roob1 View Post
Do you really believe that the people gathering at these bars are there for altruistic reasons?
I really believe the bar (or restaurant) doesn't care why the people are gathering, their money can be deposited just the same.

I know I have eaten out more and tipped more at my favorite restaurants and bars since the pandemic began; it is my way of doing what little I can to try to help them survive. I don't know what is motivating the people at the squares to patronize those businesses. Yes, maybe a few of them had the same thought that I did and are spending a little more now in hopes that their favorite place will still be there tomorrow.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Closed Thread

Tags
final, healthcare, overwhelm, finally, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.