Just be prepared for the final wave as vaccine distributions are happening

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
It would be nice if this were an individual decision but it’s not. If you go out and get infected and don’t know, you could infect a large number of people and here they could die due to the vulnerability of the population
Well, for that to happen they must be there as well, so they made a decision to be there..
If you go outside you are taking a risk, period. You cannot and should not expect others to look out for you, that is your job. Act according to your comfort level.
Trying to preach to others is like standing in the rain and wondering why you are getting wet...
Old 01-25-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Why do you think this will be the final wave?
Old 01-25-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
They don’t know how to get drunk at home
No ——- mongering at home

Last edited by Topspinmo; 01-26-2021 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
Could it be that these folks have already recovered from the virus? My BIL doesn't wear one since he and his wife tested negative after getting sick with COVID. I'm sure people secretly make judgments.

That don’t mean they are not going to spread it. So, they survived or didn’t get sick and hail with rest of us attitude?
Old 01-25-2021, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
German hospital under quarantine over more infections coronavirus variant | Reuters

The Ireland Event | Epsilon Theory
The Ireland Event | Epsilon Theory

The B117 variant might cause the big shutdown, as its thought to be 50% more infectious with the same hospitalization rate, might just finally overwhelm the healthcare system.
When Italy was crushed by Covid, we were told that in two weeks we would be experiencing the same thing. When Florida reopened after our short lockdown, we were told the second wave would be horrific. When the squares reopened we were told that The Villages would be overrun with the virus. And when a rally was held in The Villages we heard it would be a “super spreader” event. Sounds like a cult leader constantly proclaiming the end of the world. Here’s a very simple question. Why have states like Pennsylvania, who have had strict lockdowns and mask mandates since the onset of the virus still faired worse than Florida?

Last edited by Swoop; 01-25-2021 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:07 AM

For the most part, my observation has been that most Villagers were careful when things were shut down early on. Little by little as things opened back up, people have relaxed and are not being as cautious because people are not dropping like flies from Covid. We went to see friends in their band at CF BW in mid Dec because we hadn’t been out anywhere for a very long time. No one wore masks except us (until we had dinner), other people sat 10 to a table, the bar was crowded, inside & out, no “distancing,” people dancing & having a good time. We sat farther away from friends and enjoyed ourselves for a couple hours. A week later we found out that 2 people at one of the packed tables were Covid positive. Their symptoms were not severe enough to he hospitalized but they were sick, mainly respiratory, cough congestion, headache, fatigue. No contact tracing done to my knowledge but another friend informed us about it over a week later! We had PCR testing done the next day and were negative. Then 3 more friends tested positive about 7-10 days later. They had respiratory symptoms as well, more intense than the other people but thankfully for them, not severe enough for hospitalization. We had another Covid test since to confirm our negative status. So, don’t kid yourselves, Covid is out there. Maybe you’ll be lucky like these friends were and have symptoms resembling influenza, but maybe you’ll be one of the unfortunate ones who ends up in the hospital or dead.That’s the scary part; you don’t know which. We are not willing to take the chance again due to underlying health issues. Hopefully we’ll get the vaccine when it is available in Sumter County again and can reduce our risk of contracting the virus. Til then, we choose to he cautious, wear masks, handwashing etc and do things at home, get out to walk, ride bikes etc. That’s our choice. Stay safe people and be smart. This virus is very unpredictable.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

States with the most restrictions seem to have the highest numbers.
People do not drop like flies from this disease.
Just because you “know” someone does not mean you are safe.
Most people who get the virus said they wore their masks most or all of the time.
The statistics cannot be relied upon, everybody has an axe to grind.
We are being played.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
The people who patronize local businesses and help to keep others employed during Covid or the people who drive around trying to find something to criticize?
Logic would say that we need to concentrate on our problems and control CV BEFORE we can get the economy back to normal. This thread began with what a science-based country like Germany is doing about the problem. They have shown more success in dealing with CV than in the US. They are closing down even MORE tightly as a scientific response to the more virulent CV mutation that they are experiencing. The US already has some of this variant and can expect more. Then the South African variant will be coming.

Florida and TV Land have reacted with an unscientific response to CV. It has opened its economy too much. Businesses need to react to this completely new paradigm. For example, restaurants could become takeout and delivery only. There is no reason for continuing the old system of indoor dining. Having a meal outside of your own home is not worth dying yourself and destabilizing society. The same thing applies to The entertainment at the squares and any proposed indoor concerts would be just playing into the hands of the CV monster. Things are no longer the SAME. We must get used to that IN THE SHORT TERM in order to HAVE a future of "back to NORMAL". Businesses MUST evolve to meet the new challenge or go bankrupt! If the average citizen spends their money to support dangerous activities and events they bear the responsibility when hospitals close and chaos takes over society. A dollar spent is a vote for destabilizing America and helping the VIRUS to spread OR giving up some temporary amusements for the return to a REAL healthy America. Stay at home, exercise, entertain yourself, watch TV, and Zoom with your friends and relatives. Do that for the future strength of your country!
Old 01-25-2021, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Everyone has set their limit as to how much or little they will do to protect themselves from the "mysterious demon virus." I know some folks that will NOT frequent a restaurant at all and have not been out to eat since this started. And there are some folks (like myself ) that think they are invulnerable because they NEVER get sick. Some folks get their groceries delivered or have the order put in their vehicles, curbside. I also did that in the beginning, but now enjoy(?) shopping inside where I can inspect the items I might purchase. Because I have been aware of the stats, witness reports, and conjecture in the past year and have moderated my behavior according to my sense of threat.
I do not harangue those that do not agree with my opinion, because I do not wish anyone ill will. I give only my reasoning for my actions and do not insist that others act in unison to my practice. If I thought that I was dangerous to anyone else, I would modify my behavior to correct any realistic threat.
That said, I do not care if hundreds or thousands of others enjoy their lives in bars or dancing at the village square. It's no sweat off my back and they are no obvious threat to me or mine. I believe that mountain climbing is dangerous so I do not do it. But, I do not care if others enjoy climbing about large formings of granite.

Live and let die, is an interesting motto worth exploring...
Mountain climbing is WAY less dangerous than dangerous behaviors that SPREAD the CV! If a mountain climber falls he may kill himself or get hurt and affect a FEW rescuers and hospital workers. People way back last March that ignored CV and wandered about society in a"normal manner", which began the SPREAD of this deadly disease eventually caused about a half of a million US citizens to die. That is MY case for which of the 2 are more dangerous - a few people affected by climbing a mountain OR 500,000 DEATHS. The US government should NOT ban mountain climbing - but it should BEGIN a war against the further spread of the old and more deadly new CV! - a war that will require increased sacrifice by ALL US citizens! I rest my case.

It is a war and a battle for the hearts and minds of local citizens, like here in TV Land. Resist the temptation to gather either indoors or outdoors in groups. Resist the squares. As long as you hear the square's music calling out to gather in groups - it will represent a failure of local people and their leadership to understand the severity of continuing to spread this DISEASE. We can and SHOULD personally take steps to defeat this CV monster. Lives depend on it!
Old 01-25-2021, 01:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
Could it be that these folks have already recovered from the virus? My BIL doesn't wear one since he and his wife tested negative after getting sick with COVID. I'm sure people secretly make judgments.
They are negative right now.

What is bothersome are the ones that don't wear mask or eat out all the time, and socialize....while the rest of us stay home,never eat out or enjoy shopping. But they are able to find a shot and their thought process is ',great, now we can go out more w/o a mask. Cuz we got the shot" and the rest of us stay home, still looking for a slot 🤦*♀️
Old 01-25-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I do not confront people just avoid those that we think are playing safely.

The problem with your reasoning is the more people who do not take precautions the more cases we get and the longer this goes on.
Possibly. However, if I mention other instances that are similar in nature such as the flu or the common cold, I imagine that I would be told that I am speaking of something entirely different in nature. I gave my opinion. I am not one to demand others conform to my standard. Remember, there are only so many folks that will or can become infected before we achieve "herd." I have no intention of wearing a mask and gloves for the rest of my life, just because others feel threatened by germs. I imagine that some on here will demand that everyone wear a mask in public during flu season, since it was so popular during the COVID virus. I will compromise right now, but I won't carry on this pretension much longer. Everyone knows that most of the infections originated from home, not out in public. And I have no intention of wearing a mask in my own home. But, I also do not fault those that insist on wearing them in their own home or in their vehicles, etc. I also do not criticize those that are not wearing a mask in the stores where I shop. That is their choice and it won't affect me.
If there is another wave of infections, I choose not to panic or succumb to hysteria. I will accept it and know that it won't last that long. I have no doubt that there are those in power that use and amplify disasters for political gain.

Enjoy your rock climbing and sky diving folks, for tomorrow you may die.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Mountain climbing is WAY less dangerous than dangerous behaviors that SPREAD the CV! If a mountain climber falls he may kill himself or get hurt and affect a FEW rescuers and hospital workers. People way back last March that ignored CV and wandered about society in a"normal manner", which began the SPREAD of this deadly disease eventually caused about a half of a million US citizens to die. That is MY case for which of the 2 are more dangerous - a few people affected by climbing a mountain OR 500,000 DEATHS. The US government should NOT ban mountain climbing - but it should BEGIN a war against the further spread of the old and more deadly new CV! - a war that will require increased sacrifice by ALL US citizens! I rest my case.

It is a war and a battle for the hearts and minds of local citizens, like here in TV Land. Resist the temptation to gather either indoors or outdoors in groups. Resist the squares. As long as you hear the square's music calling out to gather in groups - it will represent a failure of local people and their leadership to understand the severity of continuing to spread this DISEASE. We can and SHOULD personally take steps to defeat this CV monster. Lives depend on it!
Old 01-25-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Logic would say that we need to concentrate on our problems and control CV BEFORE we can get the economy back to normal. This thread began with what a science-based country like Germany is doing about the problem. They have shown more success in dealing with CV than in the US. They are closing down even MORE tightly as a scientific response to the more virulent CV mutation that they are experiencing. The US already has some of this variant and can expect more. Then the South African variant will be coming.

Florida and TV Land have reacted with an unscientific response to CV. It has opened its economy too much. Businesses need to react to this completely new paradigm. For example, restaurants could become takeout and delivery only. There is no reason for continuing the old system of indoor dining. Having a meal outside of your own home is not worth dying yourself and destabilizing society. The same thing applies to The entertainment at the squares and any proposed indoor concerts would be just playing into the hands of the CV monster. Things are no longer the SAME. We must get used to that IN THE SHORT TERM in order to HAVE a future of "back to NORMAL". Businesses MUST evolve to meet the new challenge or go bankrupt! If the average citizen spends their money to support dangerous activities and events they bear the responsibility when hospitals close and chaos takes over society. A dollar spent is a vote for destabilizing America and helping the VIRUS to spread OR giving up some temporary amusements for the return to a REAL healthy America. Stay at home, exercise, entertain yourself, watch TV, and Zoom with your friends and relatives. Do that for the future strength of your country!
Easy for some to say when they have a permanent source of income. Not so easy for those that work and live from paycheck to paycheck, to stay home when they get evicted for not paying their bills.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
If you don’t understand it, Stay Home
Just because some people behave foolishly no reason for us to stay home just take simple precautions when we got out.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
Afraid? Cautious? Caring? Protective? Does it matter what others do? You cannot control them. Only have control over yourself. Wear the Mask. Wash your hands. Stay healthy with diet , activities and attitude.
This is not going away and although vaccines will help it does not cure. Maybe many years from now in your great grandkids lifetime Covid will be like Smallpox, Polio, and others gone but not forgotten. Yes it would be nice if the carrier at the bar stayed out of Publix but not going to happen. Maybe , just maybe they will follow the request and mask up when they go to Publix and public places.
Maybe the obituaries should state died with Covid refused to wear mask. Or maybe we should all mind our own bodies and health and learn to deal with the world like it is today. No easy solutions. Try to be Kind. Try to lend a helping hand. Stay safe for yourself and those you care about. Or run red-light. Refuse to yield. Slide through on purpose at the STOP sign. Cheat on your taxes . Throw your cigarettes out the window... Get the picture many humans will not do simple civil actions so if you think they will fight the virus keep dreaming.MANY do and will consider the wellbeing of others and themselves. Those are the ones I choose to associate with. Make your choice and move on. Town Square is a very very small part of the world. The behaviors there are no different then weddings, football games, etc. Stay safe.
Germany intends to fight the CV on a NATIONWIDE basis - not an INDIVIDUAL basis. Is America right or is Germany correct?
Closed Thread

Tags
final, healthcare, overwhelm, finally, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.