Knee Injections ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 07:53 AM

go get the replacement
Old 11-08-2020, 08:24 AM

I had syn-visc injection in knee 20 years ago. It is still bone on bone. And i had bad reaction to shot. No pain relief at all. Swelling daily. To this day i get spots in skin above knee that look like chicken pox. Be wary, Once they put something in your body, it is There forever.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:24 AM

I have read a lot about it. I have to three open houses. Insurance does not pay for it. Cost is $7,500 - $12,500 per knee. There is no medical evidence to support it.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:39 AM

Have you tried acupuncture to decrease and eliminate your pain? Acupuncture is much less invasive than surgery, and might eliminate the pain.

My brother in law is an Acupuncturist. I’ve had acupuncture treatment for many things. Back pain after shoveling snow, knee pain, elbow pain, and other things.

Probably the worst problem I had was a bone spur on my foot. The pain was very severe. I could barely walk 100 feet, before I would have to take a break. I was continuously on pain medication. I had two cortisone shots, which made the pain much worse.

The foot doctor then told me that the only option for me was foot surgery. I then tried getting acupuncture treatment for the bone spur. It took about 14 treatments to end the bone spur pain, because the cortisone made the problem worse. I should have had the acupuncture treatment before trying cortisone shots because then it would only take about 4 to 6 acupuncture treatments.

The acupuncture treatments cause the bone spur pain location to move at first. The bone spur location is normally constant and does not change locations. Then the acupuncture treatments broke apart the bone spur pain and made it go away. I had the bone spur pain for a few months before trying acupuncture treatment.

The acupuncture treatments took about a month, and eliminated the bone spur pain totally. That bone spur pain did not return. That was about 10 years ago.

Sometimes western medicine is best. Sometimes eastern medicine is best. Acupuncture uses needles, but it doesn’t feel like being stuck with a sewing needle or a shot needle. It feels like small temporary static electricity shocks when the needles are inserted.

If I got the foot surgery first, it might not have solved the pain problem, and then the acupuncture treatment probably would not work. It’s best to try the far less invasive acupuncture treatments first, before considering surgery.

Acupuncture treatment isn’t the best solution for every problem, but sometimes is the best solution for many situations. Acupuncture also works better it the acupuncture treatment starts closer to the point in time when the pain started. Otherwise, it takes more acupuncture treatment sessions.

The needles are sometimes put in the location of pain, sometimes put in the opposite reflected location on your body using the indirect method. There’s no downside to trying acupuncture, other than the time or expense. In my case, since my brother in law is an acupuncturist, my acupuncture treatments are free. But after successfully using acupuncture to solve pain problems, I would pay for the acupuncture treatments if I didn’t have my brother in law available to do the acupuncture treatments.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
I'm considering knee injections for pain which comes and goes - currently its come. I've been previoulsy told the knee is bone on bone and I've already had the other knee replaced by Dr Wynn with great success but the downtime for complete knee replacement at my age is more than I'm ready for at this time especially with Covid. There are 3 Drs that advertise heavily in the paper and I'm looking for comments (good bad or neutral) from anyone who has had first hand experience with either Arthritis Relief Center or Physicians Rehabilitation or The Burress Medical Center.
If I've missed another option please let me know. I would prefer a first-hand experience than picking one blind. I've searched Talk of the Villages and haven't found anything related to this.
I have no experience with those but from personal experience , I . recommend Syn-Visc injection for osteoarthritis in knees. I had it in Ohio with almost instant loss of pain and again here in the Villages, same result. Dr. Novis is my doctor but I’m sure others offer it also, almost painless injection into knee takes 10 minutes tops and it works, check it out !!
Old 11-08-2020, 10:15 AM

I have had great success with Orthovisc injections and have been able to put off replacement surgery for my bone on bone knees for almost 9 years. The first few rounds I got every 6 to 9 months but haven't had to have any for over 2 1/2 years. I am far from having the knees I did in my 20s but am able to do most of the things I need and like to do without too much pain. Motion though is somewhat limited but not a major impediment. I take no type of pain reliever and have not needed any physical therapy for years. I do exercise in the pool daily. Now if only I could lose weight is feel even better. We have used Orthopedic Institute for several other things and have been very satisfied with the Drs but sometimes hard to get a hold of the staff over the phone.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:41 AM

I had knee pain in my left knee for a year or so And instead of rushing into a knee replacement the doctor gave me two shots one week a part of a gel in my knee and within two days the pain was gone it’s been two years now at least that’s how it worked for me I will do it again
Old 11-08-2020, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrykins View Post
I’ve had replacement knee surgery with only a few days of down time. Only two days at hospital. One week later I was walking on my own.
it sounds like your procedure was minimally invasive?
Old 11-08-2020, 11:09 AM

Have you tried the gel shots- 3 of them worked great for me
Old 11-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Thumbs up Stem cell? Clarix Flo

I've had symptoms visc but also Clarix Flo "stem Cell" embryo fluids, umbilical partials, however once they freeze dry stem cells it loses most stem cell property. It does have healing properties and helped my knee 80%. $1500 now all I take is turmeric pills. Amazing difference.
Old 11-08-2020, 11:48 AM

I had one knee replaced but have been getting the gel shot in the other for 5-6 years. Can only get them 2 times a year but they have worked great for me. Dr. Michael Messiah is my orthopedic Dr. and several of my friends have either had the shots or replacement. He is great for that also, does the side surgery so recovery time is short. Had mine done on the 4th of April and was back to work three weeks later--try him!
Old 11-08-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Besides cortisone shots, the other option is to inject a hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance that acts as a cushioning agent. It can last for several months before another injection is needed. Do a Google search for "Hyaluronic acid knee injection reviews" for more information.
I had both of these multiple times over 2 or 3 years. I couldn't walk and play golf, couldn't dance. Trouble sleeping with knee pain. Was taking 3 or 4 Aleve per day. Then i got a stem cell injection. It worked! Three years later, i’m still walking, dancing, sleeping well.n Pain reduced by 90%. Down side = not covered by medicare. Cost me $5000. (Cord stem cell seems to be the important factor. Advanced Regenerative Orthopedics) have heard it doesnt work for everyone.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:00 PM

Be careful with these shots as they will weaken muscle best get your knee replaced! I walked out the hospital no crutches
Old 11-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Dr Kraucek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
I'm considering knee injections for pain which comes and goes - currently its come. I've been previoulsy told the knee is bone on bone and I've already had the other knee replaced by Dr Wynn with great success but the downtime for complete knee replacement at my age is more than I'm ready for at this time especially with Covid. There are 3 Drs that advertise heavily in the paper and I'm looking for comments (good bad or neutral) from anyone who has had first hand experience with either Arthritis Relief Center or Physicians Rehabilitation or The Burress Medical Center.
If I've missed another option please let me know. I would prefer a first-hand experience than picking one blind. I've searched Talk of the Villages and haven't found anything related to this.
Had a really painful knee. Could not bowl anymore. Not Cortezone. He gave me injections of Prolozone. Not covered by Medicare 7 years ago, but maybe now. Worked wonders and still good. It repairs ligaments and other problems under the knee cap. Dr Kraucek across from the hospital on 441, in medical buildings.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:32 PM

I have been through the same knee problems and ended having them both replaced in 2013 and 2014. However,
you usually begin with cortisone shots given by a chiropractor.
Good Luck
Closed Thread

Tags
knee, bone, injections, center, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.