knee replacement

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I just booked my initial visit with Dr Nguyen, he does not come here anymore. His partner does come on Fridays. I will be seeing Dr Nguyen next week in Maitland. My appointment was only 2 weeks out. Now, I do not know how long his wait list is for surgery. But I was impressed that I could get in to see HIM so quickly.

I have been getting steroid injections every 3 months from Dr Duke's PA and have been happy. But the injections are not doing the job anymore. My arthritis is past that point.

When I asked to make an appt to be see by Dr Duke, I was told that he only sees patients to schedule their surgery. Really?? Unless i did my pre op chest XRay and labs and had my PCP sing off on pre op approval first, I could not see him.

Dr. Duke quickly dropped to 2nd place on my list.

I am very comfortable with NPs and PAs, but if I want to see the Surgeon who is signing off on all my records, I feel that he should see me. Just sayin'.
I had the same experience with Dr. Duke. I realized that the first time I would see him was the day of surgery, which is unacceptable. My Villages GP recommended Dr. Nguyen. He eventually performed my TKR in November 2013. In my opinion, you are making an outstanding choice by going to Dr. Nguyen!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:09 PM
Sage

I was first seen by Dr. Duke's PA for a discussion to see if I was a candidate for knee replacement. I thought that was very reasonable. It was determined that I was a candidate. Then I saw Dr. Duke for a detailed discussion and made the decision to proceed with the procedure. The next time I saw Dr. Duke was on the day of surgery. Again, no problem in my opinion. That was a year ago this month. All has gone well and I'm very happy.

I'm sure there other doctors who do a good job. Dr. Nguyen I'm sure is very good from all I've heard. My only experience is with Dr. Duke, I had no problems with the pre-surgery process, and the results were excellent.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.