Knee replacement

Old 04-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
I just had knee replacement with Dr Nguyen' partner. My surgery was 12-19 and I am still walking with a cane when I go outside. I am sorry I had it done.
Assuming you did everything they asked you to do (walker/crutch/cane transitions and full rehab schedule), I would have another doctor/surgeon take a look. I have a friend up north that had a hip done and had issues, went to another surgeon and found out the first guy put the wrong socket size in. Had it redone and is now great. I had two knees done, the old way, and it took 12 weeks to get back to golf and 6 months till I was comfortable. The new way takes less time because it is less destructive to muscles and tendons although I have seen a couple folks that tried to push it to soon and have developed the post operative waddle. Long winded answer but if you aren't happy, go see someone else....second opinions, both pre and post are helpful.

Berks County Pennsylvania

Old 04-28-2018, 05:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Assuming you did everything they asked you to do (walker/crutch/cane transitions and full rehab schedule), I would have another doctor/surgeon take a look. I have a friend up north that had a hip done and had issues, went to another surgeon and found out the first guy put the wrong socket size in. Had it redone and is now great. I had two knees done, the old way, and it took 12 weeks to get back to golf and 6 months till I was comfortable. The new way takes less time because it is less destructive to muscles and tendons although I have seen a couple folks that tried to push it to soon and have developed the post operative waddle. Long winded answer but if you aren't happy, go see someone else....second opinions, both pre and post are helpful.
I have serious doubts about Dr. Nguyen having a partner...

Old 08-26-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Had 2 knees done by Dr Nguyen one at the Florida Hospital Alamonte Springs and the other at Dr Phillips. Both hospitals and there staff provided outstandng care. Outpatient knee replacement surgery is primarily is elective and only for those NOT on medicare. I honestly could have left the day of surgery but definitely felt more comfortable staying one night. Yes he does alot of knee replacements but there is a reason why. Hes good at it with good results for the vast majority of patients.

BTW every year I have had followup xrays taken and reviewed by his PAs..all is good!
Has anyone had bilateral simulataneous total knee replacements with Dr. Nyugen? Thank you.

Old 08-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Knee work etc

[QUOTE=jellybeanrt;1536646]We need to have knee

Hi, some suggestions:
1. Before surgery, work the muscles and ligaments in that leg for weeks before the event.
This will make the leg stronger, will help on recovery.
2. DO THIS AFTER THE SURGERY. Be sure to flex your leg to 90 degrees and then to 30 degrees more or a total of 120 degrees. THIS IS MANDATORY, TWICE A DAY. Yes it hurts, but do it to get all the components in line !! CAN MAKE A TEMPLATE OUT OF CARDBOARD OR POSTER FOAM BOARD.

Visualize your leg straight out, Bend it to 90, then 30 more degrees. You can use a short rope or web strap, lay down and pull, PULL AND PULL and your recovery should be MUCH BETTER. Some therapists DO NOT KNOW THIS, BELIEVE ME. It will hurt, but do it !!!!

Old 11-26-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
Dr. Nguyen runs a "knee mill", just do research on how many surgeries a day he does. Nobody should leave the hospital the same day. Vitals and blood clots should be monetured, he uses a turnicate, remember Joan Rivers. Also check Phillips Hospital reviews, not good. And, just why did he loose his association with Orlando Hospital?

Check out Flagler Hospital, they do robotic, less invasive, smaller incision and perfect alignment. Is only a 2 hour drive, I have 2 robotic knee replacement surgery. Only took Aleve after, had a femoral block which gradually wears off. My knees are absolutely perfect.

You must be absolutely faithful to the physical therapy.

Did you have your knees done at Flagler Hospital? If so which surgeon? I would like to have both knees done at the same time. Does anyone know a surgeon that does the side approach that will do both knees at the same time?

Old 11-26-2018, 09:26 AM

Second the accolades for Dr. Duke! Excellent doctor.

Tags
replacement, knee, appreciated, back, side

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.