Know Your Risk During COVID-19

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Default Know Your Risk During COVID-19

Saw this chart in the Epoch Times and thought others might be interested. First time uploading PDF to TOTV, hope it comes through okay. Go to texmed.org for more information.

From the Texas Medical Association:
"The chart is intended as a guide, prepared by physician experts, to help Texans make smart and educated choices of activities to pursue amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The TMA COVID-19 Task Force and the TMA Committee on Infectious Diseases. Please assume that participants in these activities are following currently recommended safety protocols when possible."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 309193 Risk Assessment Chart V2_FINAL.pdf (244.9 KB, 130 views)
Old 07-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Swimming in a public pool is rated a 6. I do not think that is accurate for The Villages Sports pools. The amount of people are limited and social distancing is quite easy to maintain. If you swim laps, there is no risk at all, IMHO. When Freestyle swimming, the swimmer exhales into the water. Inhalation is above the water. There is NO chance of spreading the virus when swimming Freestyle laps and I feel very safe in the Sports Pool.

Swimming back stroke is not quite as safe as inhalation and exhalation are both done above the water. Having said that, each swimmer is in their own lane and distancing is easy to maintain unless you are passing someone but lasts an extremely short time.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Swimming in a public pool is rated a 6. I do not think that is accurate for The Villages Sports pools. The amount of people are limited and social distancing is quite easy to maintain. If you swim laps, there is no risk at all, IMHO. When Freestyle swimming, the swimmer exhales into the water. Inhalation is above the water. There is NO chance of spreading the virus when swimming Freestyle laps and I feel very safe in the Sports Pool.

Swimming back stroke is not quite as safe as inhalation and exhalation are both done above the water. Having said that, each swimmer is in their own lane and distancing is easy to maintain unless you are passing someone but lasts an extremely short time.
Agree for all outside acivities.

Not so sure much thought was put into that chart. We now know being inside with air-conditioning recirculation the air is high risk.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Saw this chart in the Epoch Times and thought others might be interested. First time uploading PDF to TOTV, hope it comes through okay. Go to texmed.org for more information.

From the Texas Medical Association:
"The chart is intended as a guide, prepared by physician experts, to help Texans make smart and educated choices of activities to pursue amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The TMA COVID-19 Task Force and the TMA Committee on Infectious Diseases. Please assume that participants in these activities are following currently recommended safety protocols when possible."
I have listened to politicians, medical professionals, scientists, and social media over the last four months. Based on the amount of misinformation and contradictory advice provided by these experts I have concluded that they know very little about this illness and the potential for infection
Listen to them at your own risk!
Old 07-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelhunter View Post
I have listened to politicians, medical professionals, scientists, and social media over the last four months. Based on the amount of misinformation and contradictory advice provided by these experts I have concluded that they know very little about this illness and the potential for infection
Listen to them at your own risk!
Nonsense... The basic guidance to avoid upper respiratory infection has not changed since March. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, social distance, wear a mask when you can't

"Listening" is not enough, people need to comprehend and act. Look at infection/hospitalization/death rates in Asia vs. Europe vs. US where people are trying to avoid the infection vs. playing obtuse mind games.

The how's and why's have evolved as more is learned and the virus is evolving.

Last edited by Altavia; 07-13-2020 at 12:12 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid-19, activities, tma, chart, force

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.