Lasik eye surgery

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Lasik eye surgery

Has anyone had lasik surgery in florida?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Sage

My wife had it done 14 years ago in S. Florida and she couldn't be happier with the results. Her vision was terrible and now after 14 years she still doesn't need glasses for distance or reading. I'm sure they are more advanced now and I wouldn't hesitate if that is what is called for.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:15 PM

I had Lasik surgery done in Orlando 14 years ago. The procedure most likely has improved over the years. Based on my experience, in 2000, I wouldn't recommend it. My distance vision improved but it left me with some other vision problems. And Lasik surgery presented a problem for me when I had cataract surgery. I am experiencing more vision problems post surgery that are attributed to the Lasik. Before I would consider it, talk to people who have had it done recently and those who also needed cataract surgery.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default My recommendation

have lasik surgery in weak eye, then reading menu problem will not occur...I had surgery in NC 9 years ago, one eye, no problem....My husband had in both eyes and he needed readers after awhile...
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 PM

Are there any good lasik surgeons in the Villages, or central Fl that anyone would recommend?
Old 11-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp View Post
I had Lasik surgery done in Orlando 14 years ago. The procedure most likely has improved over the years. Based on my experience, in 2000, I wouldn't recommend it. My distance vision improved but it left me with some other vision problems. And Lasik surgery presented a problem for me when I had cataract surgery. I am experiencing more vision problems post surgery that are attributed to the Lasik. Before I would consider it, talk to people who have had it done recently and those who also needed cataract surgery.
I had lasik surgery done in Virginia in 2000. I didn't have any problems with the surgery.

All that changed when I had cataract surgery in Michigan almost 3 years ago. When I had the lasik surgery, they did the eyes like bifocals -- one eye far and one eye near. I never had a problem with it as that is how my contacts lenses were for many, many years.

I still don't need glasses for distances. But, I have a hard time reading now. The Opthamologists in Michingan can't get the prescriptions right. I get headaches the minute I put on glasses. I can't use readers as the prescription in each eye is so different.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.