Leesburg Hosp vs TV Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Sage
Default Leesburg Hosp vs TV Hospital

Just came back from Leesburg Hosp after a cardiac scare, workup- I was in TV Hosp 2 years ago for stroke symptoms--which were actually acconite poisoning

Story short--IMHO--if you are having a cardiac episode--DO NOT GO TO TV HOSPITAL--Leesburg is head & shoulders more classified to handle this type of emergency

Been to both
Old 08-12-2018, 05:27 PM

everyone says do not go here so i took my husband to leesburg. we had a 10 hour wait in the ER he was told he had a UTI which actually he had liver cancer and passed a month later. i think i would look into waterman in treveris he was in that hospital for heart issues and they were great
Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Sage

Leesburg handled me instantly--had every test--nuclear stress, EKG, etc--was given a clean get home card-
Old 08-13-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devohna View Post
everyone says do not go here t
Not everyone. I had positive experience at TV. I believe it is luck of the draw, who is on duty at the time and time of the year. Every facility has patients with both positive and negative experiences. Generally the people with negative experience are more inclined to comment. I think this is in general true and am very skeptical when looking at on-line reviews of anything
Old 08-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Sage

Every hospital has a very good speciality dept. , was told TV hospital is not equipped for open heart surgery, so if you suspect you are having a cardiac issue, do one stop shopping--that is why I went to Leesburg--my neighbor had his by-pass done @ Leesburg
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Every hospital has a very good speciality dept. , was told TV hospital is not equipped for open heart surgery, so if you suspect you are having a cardiac issue, do one stop shopping--that is why I went to Leesburg
I was just going to post the same thing. I don't know about every hospital but some are definitely known for having expertise in specific areas of medicine. Speaking of Leesburg, I have a cousin who has had multiple cardiac issues and has also had very good results going there.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:17 AM
Sage

I went to The Villages Hospital with a possible cardiac episode. They checked me in right away and put me in a room. They first thing they did was give me an EKG. The person doing it didn't know how to use the machine and I sat there with chest pains for 45 minutes while she tried to figure it out. Finally someone came looking for me (I was in an isolated room where no one could see me). It took that nurse about 2 minutes to give me my test while the other girl stood there and watched. I could have died in that 45 minutes. From then on the care was fast but they missed the fact that I was actually having a diverticulitis attack and sent me home with no diagnosis after giving me a pain shot and fluids. It took about 6 hours.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:15 AM
Sage

These types of posts keep cycling through this social media site. With that in mind know that the hospitals here are considered small-town hospitals. Given the population (and it's flux with the seasons)---there will be a plethora of experiences.

We've had treatments at BOTH hospitals but prefer TVH. Our care has been good there (even in the ER with all it's foibles). Many folks use the ER as their clinic when they should have gone to their primary or Urgent Care instead, then complain because they had to sit for a long time. I don't go by what other's have experienced on social media sites since so many opinions "will be" varied.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:53 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

If you had a bad experience at any hospital, be sure to let the CEO and the Board know about it. Enough complaints and they will eventually have to fix the problem.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlington2 View Post
... the people with negative experience are more inclined to comment. I think this is in general true and am very skeptical when looking at on-line reviews of anything
Very wise in the internet age.
Closed Thread

Tags
hosp, cardiac, leesburg, hospital--leesburg, short--imho--if

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.