leesburg Hospital Emergency Room

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Angry leesburg Hospital Emergency Room

I had to go to Leesburg Hospital Emergency Room with great pain from kidney stones. I waited over 5 Hours and never saw a doctor. This is a third world ER and I would not send a dog to it. The bathrooms were filthy, no one told me anything and I think when I complained they put me last. After 5 hours I left with nothing done to help and still in great pain.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:24 PM

Not good.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM
nkrifats

Most Trips to an ER result in a long wait. I went to Munroe in Ocala 2 years ago with same issue. Waited 5-6 hours. I did not leave, and was seen and obtained some relief. Pain was great enough that I did not even think of leaving. Restrooms in waiting area for ER will be dirty as they get a lot of use. I would not call the ER's here third world.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

I can understand an ER wait time (not five hours) but not filthy washrooms. Anytime a staff member notices an unsanitary condition housekeeping should be notified. Usually public restrooms in hospitals have logsheets detailing cleanings.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Most Trips to an ER result in a long wait. I went to Munroe in Ocala 2 years ago with same issue. Waited 5-6 hours. I did not leave, and was seen and obtained some relief. Pain was great enough that I did not even think of leaving. Restrooms in waiting area for ER will be dirty as they get a lot of use. I would not call the ER's here third world.
I had pain meds home that I had to take ever 4 hours.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:18 AM
KittyKat

So sorry, Teddy. I don't know what it is about ERs and people in pain. The more pain you're in the less care you receive. It's like they only want to take care of people having heart attacks, strokes, or blood pumping out of an artery. That way they know exactly what to do and don't have to spend too much time trying to diagnose someone. Having been a hospital RN in the good old days of 1976-2001, if a person came in with flank pain and a kidney stone was strongly suspected, the person was admitted(!) to a real bed. The person received IV fluids to help enlarge the ureter so the stone could pass and was given powerful pain medication because this ranks right up there with giving birth. Now, like you, you're lucky if you even get seen. Someone screwed up in triage, Teddy.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:02 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
So sorry, Teddy. I don't know what it is about ERs and people in pain. The more pain you're in the less care you receive. It's like they only want to take care of people having heart attacks, strokes, or blood pumping out of an artery. That way they know exactly what to do and don't have to spend too much time trying to diagnose someone. Having been a hospital RN in the good old days of 1976-2001, if a person came in with flank pain and a kidney stone was strongly suspected, the person was admitted(!) to a real bed. The person received IV fluids to help enlarge the ureter so the stone could pass and was given powerful pain medication because this ranks right up there with giving birth. Now, like you, you're lucky if you even get seen. Someone screwed up in triage, Teddy.
I agree! Many years ago, I went through a period where I would get kidney stones about every 18 months. A good triage nurse in an ER would often recognize the classic position of the patient bent over in pain and his hand on the kidney area and would get him in the back immediately. I am guessing ERs may have gotten a lot busier over the years, but waiting that long in that kind of pain sounds like someone may have missed something.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:54 PM
Sage

I'm not negating that how you were treated was a good thing (I agree it was bad)! That said, I'd once heard that ER's (and other health-care facilities) are careful re: folks that come in with pain issues due to a FEW that troll to get pain medications. I think they are slow to act when someone does come in such as this. I too had an ER experience with T.V. hospital some years back. I was there for 4 hrs (but in a room), maybe longer....it took some time for the doctors/nurses to triage me. I eventually was admitted! I did feel they didn't believe me at first as they kept asking me what meds I was on, who my provider was and other questions along with that. I won't say my care was awful...just my pain experience was! Over-all, I thought T.V. hospital was exceptional with my time (5 days) spent there.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

post number 6 to report what we can only view as half the story!

Speaking from personal experience, unfortunately more than once, Leesburg is NOT as described in this thread.

I can't categorize it as an isolated incident because of the "dirty bathrooms"......never ever witnessed anything close to being dirty.

Don't know what to say except welcome to TOTV!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:59 PM

We do know they are owned and operated by the same as The Villages Hospital. They've put in place new directors and have gone on a expense cutting mission. They've cut benefits and have ran off a lot of good help. Heard a commercial on radio the other day they are offering bonuses to registered nurses to come work.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:08 PM
KittyKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
post number 6 to report what we can only view as half the story!
Are you speaking about my post? Your statement doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal. And the word 'ordeal' fails, I know. What scares the 'you know whats' out of me is after having four bouts of kidney stones and two cardiac attacks I myself and my two doctors both suggest RUNNING to Leesburg because of the superior treatment and ability of the staff there vs TV hospital.
If that happened to you there then I would only suggest you get your intern to raise hell and file a complaint with local papers and the BOD of the hospital there. I know the head Dr. and I know he greatly appreciates feedback and responds.
If you're not better tomorrow call Dr. Banala (leesburg and TV)
He's the only intern who has treated me with respect and made sure I was taken care of 24 hours a day.
take care
Neal G
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Are you speaking about my post? Your statement doesn't make any sense to me.
BTK was not referring to your post, but to the Original Post by Teddy that started this thread.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I was just thinking about this.

I am sad but we just cannot expect with the population only being around 100,000 when we are full to have the same quality of health care that happens in much denser populated areas.

We have o.k. and sometimes good doctors and dedicated and caring doctors but we aren't going to have here the skilled people who address the obscure and complicated cases that they face every day in big cities with large teaching hospitals. That is reality and we can't change it and the Morse's can't change it.

But I can't understand how anyone could suffer with the terrible pain of a kidney stone without some relief. That breaks my heart. It isn't life threatening but I am told the pain is awful JUST AWFUL.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmen View Post
We do know they are owned and operated by the same as The Villages Hospital. They've put in place new directors and have gone on a expense cutting mission. They've cut benefits and have ran off a lot of good help. Heard a commercial on radio the other day they are offering bonuses to registered nurses to come work.
Unfortunately, many hospitals across the nation are having to offer bonuses. We do not have enough RNs graduating to replace the number retiring. Hence the number of foreign trained nurses being recruited from the Phillipines (? Sp) and other countries.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.