Life alert type device??

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2019, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Problem with a wearable is they don’t wear it, it makes them feel old. If the motion cameras do not go off at my moms by a certain hour, I can drop in anytime. She loves the Alexas in every room, it’s like have a person to talk to and get information.

I loaded all her recipes on the 8” monitor in the kitchen. Bedroom 5” is like an alarm clock, but talks to her. Plus if she has an issue it will call. How do I know this, because she was watching QVC,. They were demonstrating how it works, it called and texted everyone. We laughed, she said she will mute next time Alexa is on TV.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

A person who is 90 years old may not feel old, but they are old.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
have her move in with you, also no one should be driving after 2 accidents, and 90 years old
My MIL lives in Philly. We live in TV. At this point in time she has no interest in relocating.

I totally agree that she should not be driving. Her two sons should have sat her down after the first incident and told her she had to give up her keys. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to do it myself because she is not my mother!

I would love to know how others have dealt with "taking away the keys" when the individual refuses to stop driving.

k.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERCHIEF View Post
have her move in with you, also no one should be driving after 2 accidents, and 90 years old
She has been asked to move in with us, and we have planned to add in-law suite,since we have a large lot, but she wants her independence. She has not had any accidents, that was someone else's mother.
Closed Thread

Tags
life, type, device, alert, active

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.