Hospitals

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2017, 04:43 AM
Default Hospitals

I don't usually rant but this is too important. My husband had out patient surgery in Pittsburgh on his bladder, two weeks before we came to the Villages for the winter. No problem following the procedure. Then he was passing a lot of blood in his urine when we got here couldn't get an appointment with a urologist. We went to the Villages hospital. 7 hours later, their solution was to insert a Foley. Wednesday we were back at the hospital because he had a great deal of pressure and no urine in the bag. They said that there was a kink in the tube. I was told then that no urologists go to that hospital
Thursday he was in pain again and didn't pass urine for 10 hours. This time we went to Ocala. What a difference. They were concerned, professional and efficient. They flushed his Foley 25 times, gave an IV, and when they were done there was no blood and the Foley could be removed. The Village hospital is 20 years behind the times. I would caution all to not go there unless time is the issue. It is just not a good hospital.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by natjos View Post
I don't usually rant but this is too important. My husband had out patient surgery in Pittsburgh on his bladder, two weeks before we came to the Villages for the winter. No problem following the procedure. Then he was passing a lot of blood in his urine when we got here couldn't get an appointment with a urologist. We went to the Villages hospital. 7 hours later, their solution was to insert a Foley. Wednesday we were back at the hospital because he had a great deal of pressure and no urine in the bag. They said that there was a kink in the tube. I was told then that no urologists go to that hospital
Thursday he was in pain again and didn't pass urine for 10 hours. This time we went to Ocala. What a difference. They were concerned, professional and efficient. They flushed his Foley 25 times, gave an IV, and when they were done there was no blood and the Foley could be removed. The Village hospital is 20 years behind the times. I would caution all to not go there unless time is the issue. It is just not a good hospital.
Truly sorry to hear of your husband's bad experience

I learned quickly about TV and it is why one year after moving here I place myself in the Munroe Health care system. Had two hospitalization and went to Munroe. doctors and staff are friendly efficient communicative
Old 11-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Some urologists do not practice at TVRH but do other hospitals in the area.

MRMC has been our hospital of choice for several years, where "emergency room" has meaning with patient focus.

TVRH emergency room would be a last resort with access via ambulance only to bypass the abundant incompetence, complacence working the walk in ER.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:35 PM
Gold member

It is not true that no Urologists go to Village hospital. I know of two who do go there to see patients.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Facts !!! why would anyone prefer facts over rumor ?
Old 11-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

A year ago I went to TVH with a urinary issue and was told by them no urologist on call there. Fact
Old 11-24-2017, 06:47 PM
Sage

Associates for Urology Care do not work with or in TVRH.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadspet View Post
A year ago I went to TVH with a urinary issue and was told by them no urologist on call there. Fact

There is a difference between a hospital having no urologists on call, and a hospital having urologists who will consult on patients.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

For a urologist, highly suggest Dr Fountain at Waterman hospital in Tavares (about a 45 minute drive) ...EXCELLENT and his offices are located right in the hospital (which also gets A+ scores)
352-343-2364
Old 11-27-2017, 07:46 PM

gotta love the villages hosptial. they try to force us into their health care plan, and then they have a hospital which would be considered sub par in most 3rd world countries
Old 11-28-2017, 06:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethinflorida View Post
gotta love the villages hosptial. they try to force us into their health care plan, and then they have a hospital which would be considered sub par in most 3rd world countries
:The Hospital and the health Care Plan are two entirely separate entities.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethinflorida View Post
Not sure where you are getting your information. The hospital has nothing to do with the Villages Health Care System.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:44 PM

Wish they would become part of the Mayo Health system since May is already established further north in Florida. Seems like TV would want their health system to be as exemplary as the other facets of the Villages.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

I'd bet 80% of the people who go to the Villages ER go for a cold, hangnail, headache, earache, etc. These are not Emergency issues, but they sure take up time that could be spent dealing with real emergencies.

Cut out the silly trips to ER and see how quickly things improve.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I'd bet 80% of the people who go to the Villages ER go for a cold, hangnail, headache, earache, etc. These are not Emergency issues, but they sure take up time that could be spent dealing with real emergencies.

Cut out the silly trips to ER and see how quickly things improve.
And from experience by me as well as other posters...it really does not matter if a real emergency shows up or not.

I had a crushed ring finger that was broken open and bleeding badly. It was 20 minute before I was called and exposed to the (now laughable ) triage. I was told it would be at least an hour before I would be able to see a doctor. I was told there was a room full of people ahead of me. I asked how many had a crushed hand and bleeding. He said I would have to wait my turn. When they said they were done and dismissed me to the waiting room, I asked if they were even going to ask me to open up the towels I was wrapped in to see what we were dealing with. They said no, the doctor would do that.
I told them to take me off the so called list as I was going to find a real emergency room.

I wound up at MRMC signed in...under doctors care 15 minutes after I arrived.

We have standing instructions in all our directives and medical information to not be taken to TVRH!!

MRMC first choice...LRMC second choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, urine, foley, times, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.