Etheredge Chiropractic

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Sage
Default Etheredge Chiropractic

I'm about to make a call (within a day or so) for an appointment with Etheredge Chiropractic.

I've read the other threads I could find regarding chiropractors. Most of the feedback regarding Etheredge seems positive. But since I'm about ready to take the plunge, further input regarding your experience would be considered and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I'll give you my whole experience so you can decide for yourself. This chiropractor has good reviews on this website. Two years ago I had severe lower back pain that was so bad, I couldn't go to the store or the mall and walk more than 5 minutes without sitting down and the treadmill at the gym was completely out of the question. I saw my Villages doctor and he ordered an MRI. The report said I had a degenerative L1 thru L5. He said, you're probably a good candidate for fusion surgery, Ill refer you to a back surgeon in Ocala. I said let me investigate this on my own before I do any surgery.

I saw half page ads in The Sun for Legacy Chiropractic at Laurel Manor, and they described the condition and their treatment sounded like something that would help and they advertised free consultation. I made an appt, they asked do you want a consultation or do you want an appt for treatment. I took the appt thinking they would begin treatment. Instead the chiropractor brought up my MRI from Lake Imaging on a TV screen and told me how the vertebrate were rubbing together without any cartilage to provide support, it had all gone away and this was causing my pain. He said we have a treatment that last 10 weeks for this very condition, three days a week, for $3200 or if I paid all at once up front it was only $3,000. Then they wanted $75 for that appt., that's when I should of realized something was up, there was no treatment, just a sales pitch. I was in so much pain, I said, let me go halfway and give you $1500 and see if it works, and if I'm getting relief I'll do the whole ten weeks. I gave them my credit card for $1500 and started the next week.

Basically it lasted about 30 minutes on Mon-Wed-Fri, they would put a large belt around my middle and I would lay face down on a table and the belt was attached to a pulley that lifted the middle of my back up a few inches and then back down. This went on for about ten minutes. Then I went to a chair and they attached electrodes to the lower back and for 4 minutes shot muscle stimulating shocks to my back. Then I saw one of the three chiropractors and they did an adjustment, usually took about a minute.

After three weeks and nine treatments I felt no different. Then I just happen to be checking my credit card account and found they had charged me another $1500 after on 2-1/2 weeks. I called and told them to cancel my treatments and I wanted a refund for the unused portion, it was only 9 treatments out of 30 that was suppose to occur. The chiropractor got on the phone and tried to coax me into staying and that 3 weeks wasn't enough time for them to help me. I told them, I thought there should of been some relief in that period and also I didn't authorize them to charge me the full amount on my credit. I waited about ten days and finally received a check for $1517, which meant they kept about half for 3 weeks.

During my time with the chiropractor I had heard about inversion tables and I asked him twice, do you think an inversion table would be of any benefit. He stated, no it would not help my situation. My next option was the table or acupuncture. I've seen the table for years advertised on Home Shopping and QVC and Teeter was always considered the best, and he actually came out with the home models over 30 years ago. I saw an ad for a Teeter Inversion table that was $350 on sale for $250 at Dick's Sporting Goods in Ocala. I've seen them on TOTV every month for $100, but I figured I was giving this my best effort and I wanted something that looked professional and would last since it was going to be in my home all the time.

I started using that table at a very low incline with my feet just slightly higher then my head. Every week or two I would increase the elevation and after about six weeks all my back pain went away. I was so astonished, I couldn't believe what was happening. I still don't have it set to complete inversion, probably about 170 degrees is where I elevate to and only for about 5 minutes a day. Two years later and I'm still doing it and still no pain. I've mentioned this to two people at MVP who bought inversion tables and found no relief. I have to conclude it doesn't work for everyone. I believe one fellow couldn't stand being upside down and only did it a couple of times. I try and tell people, you have to work your way up slowly, you can't go completely inverted right away. When I started the table I also started taking 1000mg of Glucosamine twice a day, it's animal cartilage and used by a lot of people with knee, back and other similar problems.

Last edited by John_W; 10-08-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:32 PM

I like Legacy clinic Dr John in Lauerl manor much better than etheridge 352-259-0024
Old 10-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashes View Post
I like Legacy clinic Dr John in Lauerl manor much better than etheridge 352-259-0024
Could I ask why? PM me if you prefer.

By the way, my chiropractic needs are rather straightforward. I’m tall and have dealt with a bit of spinal curvature my whole life. I have some tingling and numbness in my feet and toes. Doctors have said it could be some neuropathy, but it’s never been a positive diagnosis. A neurologist has identified at least one disk with some nerve compression.

So I’m not looking for any unique or specialized treatments. Just good, typical adjustments that might help my issues without breaking the bank.
Closed Thread

Tags
etheredge, chiropractic, ready, feedback, plunge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.