Looking for female internist

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2019, 10:26 AM
Default Looking for female internist

My husband and I moved here about a month ago and it is time to find a healthcare provider. Does anyone have a physician they love? I have always preferred a female for my primary care issues but if they are wonderful I am willing to see them no matter the gender. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
Old 11-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisafactor View Post
My husband and I moved here about a month ago and it is time to find a healthcare provider. Does anyone have a physician they love? I have always preferred a female for my primary care issues but if they are wonderful I am willing to see them no matter the gender. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
I've been seeing Dr. Angel Tafur for almost ten years. My wife sees Lauren Tafur (his wife) ARNP. This has worked out very well for both of us for various reasons, and they are accepting new patients as of a month ago.
To ease your mind, Lauren Tafur is very thorough and professional. Good Luck !
Old 11-26-2019, 02:07 PM
Platinum member

As you undoubtedly know, doctor recommendations on an Internet board should be carefully checked. My doctor, whom I highly recommend, is Florian Gegaj MD. Google him for reviews.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:52 PM

I recommend Dr. Ana Karovska Vuchidolov. She recently left Premiere Medical Associates and moved her practice to Leesburg. I stayed with Premiere Medical only because of her. PMA may have good doctors but they always screwed up the billing. I'd spend 6 months trying to get it straightened out. I put up with it only because of Dr. Ana. I'm happy to leave PMA and hope Dr. Ana will soon be In Network soon with my insurance.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

I've found Tasneem Cheema at Lakeview Medical to be both knowledgeable, kind, and flexible. Her main office is in Laurel Manor but I believe she also works out of LSL. She used to be a hospitalist at Leesburg Regional, which is where I initially met her.

However, the Lakeview practice is busy and not well run IMO. There are often long wait times and the nursing/front office turnover has been high.
Closed Thread

Tags
female, wonderful, care, issues, matter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.