Looking for recommendations for orthopedic doctor

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Looking for recommendations for orthopedic doctor

My wife has had pain in her shoulder for several months and is looking for a good orthopedic doctor in this area. Any recommendations?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 08-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Sage
Default Re: Looking for recommendations for orthopedic doctor

Best shoulder guy around is Isaac Mitchell, Tri County Orthapedic. Offices right across 441 from the hospital and in Leesburg.

Mr 07 just had rotator cuff surgery on 8/12. I was having shoulder tenderness too (too much tennis and swimming) and had to get a cortisone shot in my shoulder which provided tremendous relief. They do try other therapies before surgery.

We heard from many people that he was the best shoulder doc in the area.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, that group does not participate with United Health Care.

Soooo, any other recommendations?
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Sage

GF,

Darn...too bad; if you could list local orthopedists that do participate with your plan, I (and others) can tell you what good or bad we've heard or experienced.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Default My shoulder, too !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Best shoulder guy around is Isaac Mitchell, Tri County Orthapedic. Offices right across 441 from the hospital and in Leesburg.

Mr 07 just had rotator cuff surgery on 8/12. I was having shoulder tenderness too (too much tennis and swimming) and had to get a cortisone shot in my shoulder which provided tremendous relief. They do try other therapies before surgery.

We heard from many people that he was the best shoulder doc in the area.
Dear 07, My wife & I will be new HADLEY Villagers in AUG- Last FEB I developed Shoulder problems. I don't know if I can swwing a club-SCARY !!!
I'll see Dr. Jay( Internist) first. Then...who knows ???
Much THANKS to know there's good help close by
Your post is much appreciated
Old 06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Sage

Al,

You're welcome. Alas, since I wrote that post in August of 08, I had total knee replacement by Dr Kerina from the same practice in December and rotator cuff shoulder repair surgery by Dr Mitchell in March.

Both surgeries were very successful and the rehab group associated with them is wonderful.

Kerina for knees and Mitchell for shoulders are both top notch orthopedic docs. Both also do hips.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:33 PM

I would highly reccommend Dr. James Dolan in Ocala. His office is out at the Medical Building in the West Marion Hospital. I had both Rotator Cuff and a Total Knee Replacement. His Staff are most courteous no long waiting times at his office appointments pretty much right on time Except of course should an emmergency occur and Dr. Has to go to the Hospital. I now live in Georgia but I have to have my other knee replaced and I am going to go back to Dr.Dolan for that Surgery about a 7 hour drive one way from where I live in Georgia but the distance is no problem as I am very happy with his work. The Hospital is small and all private rooms set in a country setting and excellent care in the hospital. Good luck and hope all goes well.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Eternal Member

I also have gone to Tri County & love Dr. Kerina for my back & saw Dr. Tankson for my foot.
I fell through the attic on one foot into my garage 2 years ago & needed total reconstructive foot surgery. Dr. Tankson said, "tell you what, I'm damn good, but I need to send you to the best." I had 10 breaks all around my foot & I smashed the whole bottom of it. He sent me to Dr. Dean Cole at the Orthopedic Trauma Center at Florida Hospital in Orlando. This man is the orthopedic god. If you are in a wreck on I - 4 or 95, they take you there. If your problem is serious, that's where you need to go. He had to add an inch of bone to the bottom of my foot & pin & screw everything. He was worried about being able to save my ankles.
I'm walking & dancing now. My foot is a little bigger now than the other, but I'm thrilled to be walking. I've really seen some screw ups that happened to other people.
A big thank you to Dr. Tankson for sending me to Dr. Cole. They are both great.

Last edited by Bonny; 06-18-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Eternal Member
Default Orthopedic doctor

I have been told I need to see an orthopedic doctor who
specializes in backs - don't need surgery.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Default Orthopedics

I have to recommend Dr. Michael Messieh whose practice is limited to hips, shoulders, and knees...the major joints in the body. He replace my left shoulder in 07' and my right knee in 09'. He is by far a surgeon of necessity only, and healer extraordinaire. He sees people in the Villages two days per week and operates the other three in South Lake Hospital in Clermont, FL.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Eternal Member
Default Orthopedic doctor

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
i have been told i need to see an orthopedic doctor who
specializes in backs - don't need surgery.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.