Lumosity

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Platinum member
Default Lumosity

I want to strongly recommend that everyone check out Lumosity - Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity and see the brain training exercises that are available there. I've been doing them for about 6 months and I think I feel a difference. It challenges your thinking skills and keeps you sharp, and are pretty fun too. Check it out. Read the research. Play some of the games. And decide for yourself. Lumosity exercises are designed by neuroscientists to improve core cognitive functions.
Researchers have measured improvements in working memory and attention after training.
It enhances memory, speed, flexibility, attention, and problem solving.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Sage

There's an iPad/phone app for free. Just downloaded it. Will take a look.

Thanks.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Sage

Membership is NOT free. It's about 10 bucks a month
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Sage

The iPad version is free, however, I'm sure it is not as detailed/training oriented as the paid subscription. If anyone wants some idea of what the program is like, they can give it a try on their phone or tablet.

Had another program with something similar to the free Luminosity version....played on my Nintendo DS. Also had another that could be played on my Wii. Lots of brain training games around. My auto insurance company also linked their members to a game program that helped to sharpen driving reflexes. ......and kids don't think seniors play video games....LOLOLOL.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.