Macular information

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2020, 10:40 PM

I also have Macular Degeneration. I use my iPad with amped up magnification. I read very little, I listen to audiobooks all day. I just check mine out of libraries to my iPad, which is free. If that seems too complex, Id try the Audible program, which is about $15.00 a month. But all of that takes some tech savvy, which she might not have.
I used to teach visually impaired children. There were a lot of free services for them. They had a vision machine(provided free of charge) that would enlarge anything they put under it. There was an audio lending library, where audiobooks could be ordered and sent to directly to the home, free of charge. The children also worked with a Trainer, who helped set up an optimal environment for them.
I’m going to join the Facebook group that someone recommended.
Thanks for bringing up this important topic. Many of us will benefit.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:24 AM

Areds2 supplement. Recommended by my optometrist and it is amazing! Do not get just the regular Areds. The “2” is more effective. Also, be aware that it is extremely high in zinc. For that reason, I only take it every couple of days and still have had positive results. There is now an Areds2 with low zinc, but I have not tried that version. Do talk to your eye doctor about taking that supplement.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:53 AM

My mom had it ! On Long Island I took her to Helen Keller institute they where very helpful! Unfortunately when it progressed to dry one her site was awful!! She live to 981/2
Old 10-29-2020, 10:31 AM

I feel for you my dad had Age related MD he had it bad and never adjusted. I was getting the most help for the society for the blind they mailed large print books and had luncheons. The need people with some vision for their trip to assist the nearly or totally blind members. Surprisingly, he liked it it helped him appreciate how much site he had at the time.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:06 AM

Go to the Eschenbach website. Look up Visolux Digital XL Fhd costs is $1600. Really like it. Also hand held magnifier Magno 3, 5x-10 D $ 80. Hope this helps. These have a alleviated lots of my frustration.
Closed Thread

Tags
information, macular, relative, club, vision

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.