Makoplasty Partial Knee replacement surgery

Closed Thread
Old 08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Makoplasty Partial Knee replacement surgery

Has anyone had MAKOPLASTY which is a minimaly invasive partial knee replacement done by robitics at the hand of a medical surgeon?

Its not for everyone but I was just wondering if any Doctors in our immediate area even offer this as an alternative. It supposidly is better than a partial knee replacement as we know it now and much better than a full knee replacement...if you qualify !
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

have not heard of makoplasty, however it's your ortho guy who says if you need a partial, or a full knee replacement, and find out what rehab facilty they use, its not just the surgery that will get the results, it's the type of rehab that makes you walk
Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The problem is alot if not most ortho guys do not use or should I say are not trained in this new technology....therefore they donot recommend it. It supposidly is more advanced than the normal "partial knee "replacement that Surgeons talk about. I could only find Surgeons in Tampa and Orlando that perform this surgery. Not all patients who have arthritic knees are candidates for Makoplasty....the ones who are not candidates have very advanced arthritis and it is in more than one quadrent of the knee area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.