Normalization of deviations

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 03:04 PM
Default Normalization of deviations

Fast forward a few years. I wonder if we’ll all have become as “normalized” to Covid-19 as we are to the common flu which hospitalizes 500,000 and kills 36,000 each year here in the US. We don’t take extreme measures to reduce its spread and less than half of us even bother to get the vaccine to help avoid it or reduce its severity. Even the media chooses to ignore alerting the public about flu outbreaks, guess it doesn’t draw enough viewers.

I wonder how full the hospitals were with flu patients before Covid hit? Haven’t heard anyone even mention anything about it.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Good post. I’m wondering what the new normal will also.

This is going to change a lot of lives and also the way a lot of businesses operate. A lot of restaurants probably won’t come back.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjshanl View Post
Fast forward a few years. I wonder if we’ll all have become as “normalized” to Covid-19 as we are to the common flu which hospitalizes 500,000 and kills 36,000 each year here in the US. We don’t take extreme measures to reduce its spread and less than half of us even bother to get the vaccine to help avoid it or reduce its severity. Even the media chooses to ignore alerting the public about flu outbreaks, guess it doesn’t draw enough viewers.

I wonder how full the hospitals were with flu patients before Covid hit? Haven’t heard anyone even mention anything about it.
I think you are trying to say that this is no more deadly than last years flu. That is incorrect.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Orson Wells war of the worlds...part 2 were the aliens
Old 03-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

My view is, give it a while without another bout of any virus, people will just go back to the new normal, as all efforts go back to making money.
Lets face it, how many "life changing" things have most of us lived through before, yet life just went on after.
Sometimes, even for the better.
As far as the media will be concerned, it will just be yesterdays story, after of course they all become hindsight experts, and point out where all the experts went wrong, and they were right after all!
Closed Thread

Tags
flu, reduce, severity, media, chooses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.