Masks Help Stop the Spread of Coronavirus

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2020, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandch View Post
Americans are notoriously independent, defiant, rebellious and stubborn. It’s too late. No one will listen. We’ll certainly get what we deserve because of it. In other words, WE’RE DOOMED!
I agree with your main point that we will not do what we are asked to do, but we are not doomed. The uninformed will not doom us there are sufficient people who still have some intelligent brain cells left who WILL do the right thing to help the rest o us.

I see this in a slightly different light ..... many, if not MOST, of the non-maskers are older men, so if they get the virus and end up dying earlier than they should we will have no problem with social security running out early!!!!!:

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-16-2020, 06:10 AM

I guess the protesters don’t count.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,374 Times in 3,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapnut View Post
Where did you get your information from. Ask most nurses and doctors who will tell you that breathing in and out your own nitrogen is bad for your body. The pH level isn't balanced and this will result in not enough oxygen to your brain. You're also breathing in and out your own bacteria which isn't good for your body. Go ahead and believe what you want but if we were meant to breathe through masks,we would have been born with them. Also don't force what you feel is right on other people
Most nurses and doctors wear those masks for 8-16 hours every single day, and don't get sick from their own nitrogen or bacteria.

Go ahead and believe what you want but if we were meant to have Coronavirus in the world, the world would've been born with it. Also don't force what YOU feel is right on other people. Your germs - stay away from MY breathing space.

Wear a mask if you're going to be in a crowded space. Or, don't be in crowded spaces.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:13 AM

What is Dr. Fauci saying today? Wear a mask- No need to wear a mask- wear a mask- Not necessary to wear a mask?????????????????????????????? WHAT?????
Old 06-16-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapnut View Post
Where did you get your information from. Ask most nurses and doctors who will tell you that breathing in and out your own nitrogen is bad for your body. The pH level isn't balanced and this will result in not enough oxygen to your brain. You're also breathing in and out your own bacteria which isn't good for your body. Go ahead and believe what you want but if we were meant to breathe through masks,we would have been born with them. Also don't force what you feel is right on other people
Born with mask? What about eye glasses, hearing aids, or hair pieces? Please!!
Old 06-16-2020, 06:34 AM

Nothing like a good ole mask in 90 degree heat. Please. Common sense over fear.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
Only if they wear them while sneezing or coughing. Otherwise, useless.
Let’s put this in some perspective in a more simple way to understand it. Sorry if this is crude but want to get the point across.

If you and I are both standing naked and I turn toward you and urinate you are going to get wet. If you put on clothes and I urinate you will still get wet but not near as much as when you were naked. If I put on clothes most will be stopped by my clothes but some might still get out and if you’re naked and too close you could still get wet. If we both have clothes on you will not get wet.

Once again, just trying to give a little perspective. It is totally incorrect to say masks do not provide protection. The more of us who wear them the better protection for everyone.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:43 AM

Wearing masks everyday in China didn’t help the spread....they’ve been wearing them for years. Every time I wear one for more than just a few minutes I get a sore throat or feel lightheaded. We’re all going to do what makes us comfortable. It’s not your place to judge me or me you. If I’m sick, I stay home...I’d hope you’d do the same. Millions have tested positive and either haven’t gotten sick or have recovered.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
No they don’t. The virus is a microbe. If you can get air through a mask you can get the virus. It can penetrate the mask just as air can. Only useful in clinical environments to prevent hairs, spittle, etc, from entering an open wound or an open mouth.

If you don’t think masks help I have a challenge for you. Hold a lit candle in front of your face with no mask on and blow directly at the candle. Does the flame blow out?

Now put on a mask and do the same thing. Let us know just how easy it is to blow out that flame with the mask on. How close do you have to be to the flame before it blows out if you can even blow it out?
Old 06-16-2020, 07:23 AM

this is like a Seinfeld episode, He will not wear the mask.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:34 AM

Masks help the looters remain anonymous. Simple. I CANT BREATHE 🤔 take off the mask. Problem solved.
Oh I’m putting up a chain link fence to keep the mosquitoes out.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:42 AM

I did read your article Coffeebean and thank you. Why these people don't want to do their share in slowing the spread of this deadly virus is beyond me. And the commend about breathing your own nitrogen (oxide) really gave me a laugh. Grow up people, listen to the scientists and help save a few lives. One could be yours.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:50 AM

I wear a mask to protect you. If I sneeze, cough or in any way propel the virus, the spittle is stopped by the mask. In the same way, you protect me when you wear a mask. None of the preventive aids are full proof, but your just giving up on wearing masks, washing hands and social distancing just doesn’t make sense.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:51 AM

Great article
Old 06-16-2020, 07:52 AM

Masks do not stop vapors pure and simple, they are political statements and nothing more..
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, stop, spread, coronavirus, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.