Masks Help Stop the Spread of Coronavirus

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2020, 07:52 AM

You do not breathe in or out nitrogen. Try oxygen and carbon dioxide. Get your facts straight
Old 06-16-2020, 07:52 AM

I would suggest you have yourself checked out medically if your having the symptoms you describe When you put on a mask.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:55 AM

Nice diversion tactics about masks. Stick to the topic please.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardarlowe View Post
Nothing like a good ole mask in 90 degree heat. Please. Common sense over fear.
Ignorance over commonsense.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-16-2020, 07:56 AM

Thanks so much for a great article. The quotes above are from questionable sources. I just wish that my wearing a mask helped me and I wouldn’t have to care what others do. Keep plugging along
Old 06-16-2020, 07:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Without a mandatory requirement with enforcement.....we have what we are currently experiencing.
It does not matter what is written or said. There will always be those who do not comply.

No different than speed limits and stop signs.....those are for the "other" guy.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandch View Post
Americans are notoriously independent, defiant, rebellious and stubborn. It’s too late. No one will listen. We’ll certainly get what we deserve because of it. In other words, WE’RE DOOMED!
You forgot "the sky is falling" part … just trying to be helpful

Fred
Old 06-16-2020, 08:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 529 Posts

I just went to Quest to get blood work, there's a sign on the door that you must wear a mask. I signed in and while waiting a real cocky guy strutted over, and asked about signing in. Someone said and then I said, "But you need a mask" He said, "I don't have one, what are you going to do about it?" I thought to myself, think you're a jerk..... I went in and when the girl was drawing my blood I told her about the encounter...... she said, : "We won't see him without a mask." I left and he was still waiting, I sure hope they wouldn't see him.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:06 AM
Default I do not have a medical background so I defer to those who do.

Every time I need a blood test or have a doctor's appointment I am required to wear a mask. (Well except for the "Virtual appointment" for my GP.) If I should show up without one it will be provided to me before I can enter the building. You can quote whatever article you desire but the fact remains that if you want any medical procedure done you will need to wear a mask.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,644 Times in 1,515 Posts

According to the deniers on here, a mask is not instrumental in limiting the spread of the virus. Therefore, the deniers are also saying that you should not cough into your shirt sleeve/elbow or wash your hands frequently.
Come on, a mask will limit the germs, even if it does not prevent the spread. A mask is better than NO MASK and you all know it. Of course it won't stop ALL the virus "microbes." But, it does help. So does wearing eye protection and gloves. If you do not agree, that is up to you. Deny, deny, deny and go about your business playing Russian Roulette. Personally, I am not concerned for myself but I wear protective gear to "help" prevent my spouse from getting the deadly virus. Perhaps some of you deniers do not have anyone that you love enough to care about their welfare. Hope you deniers attend lots of demonstrations too, to test out your assertion that living without precaution is just as effective as those that do their best to protect each other with what is available.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
No they don’t. The virus is a microbe. If you can get air through a mask you can get the virus. It can penetrate the mask just as air can. Only useful in clinical environments to prevent hairs, spittle, etc, from entering an open wound or an open mouth.
Hate to let science get in way but air is .383 nanometers. The corona virus is 5 to 20 nanometers, The size of the air molecule is what lets you breathe while wearing a mask but prevents N95 masks from the transmission of most of the virus molecules.

It cannot capture all of it because it not a tight fit on your face.

I have many friends who are nurses and doctors. They were panicking over the lack of available masks. To those who don't want to wear masks do you think they know something you don't?
Old 06-16-2020, 08:22 AM
Default Ohhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
NOT TRUE. PLEASE DON"T SPREAD YOU MISINFORMATION!!!

The virus, in and of itself is easily small enough to go through a regular mask. But people DO NOT expel single viral RNA strands. They expel a bunch of viral particles in even larger aerosolized droplets, which a mask can stop most of the time if worn properly. However, a mask is very ineffective at stopping a person from GETTING the virus
It would be so convenient, for those of us who are not medical doctors, to have you print your CREDENTIALS when you make statements about a deadly disease. If you are NOT a medical professional at the doctor level, it would be most helpful if you began your statements with : IMO or IMHO. That would help the rest of us interpret your statements as non-professional.
That may go a loooong way in helping us keep cool heads and may even severely damage bad bickering in this forum.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:25 AM
Default Ummmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayeight99 View Post
Let’s help the community as a whole by having no one leave their house. Everything is home delivered until not one new case of the virus. Ok? Then, in November, guess what? A new strain of the flu. So let’s just wear masks and social distance forever because each year a new flu strain appears. Get it? It goes way beyond “keeping us safe.”
What an excellent idea. I'm all for it, believe me. IMHO we would all stay IN and NEVER go out again! lol
Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 AM

The protesters have rights we don't have
Old 06-16-2020, 08:27 AM
Veteran member

I haven’t been in a store yet where It was so crowded I couldn’t stay 6 feet from others. When someone who is passing me is closer than 6 feet I simply look in another direction as not to breath on them. I really don’t think it would matter if I was facing them though since I’m only breathing normally. If a mask is required I wear one. If I were in a crowded place I would wear one but mostly for the mental health of others. The panic over this virus is ridiculous.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, stop, spread, coronavirus, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.