Mayo Clinic: Vaccine effectiveness against Delta dropping

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2021, 08:09 AM

To those who seemed obsessed on this forum with COVID - hide in your houses. The rest of us are getting on with our lives
Old 08-16-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBoomer View Post
To those who seemed obsessed on this forum with COVID - hide in your houses. The rest of us are getting on with our lives
Most of us have had both vaccines. The people who live in The Villages, almost eight out of ten are vaccinated against Covid-19. Most of us are aware of a large wave of Covid Delta Variant and a lot of hospitalizations from people who were not vaccinated.

Most of us, because we are vaccinated are not OBSESSED.

We are aware that people can get sick, but not nearly as bad, as those unvaccinated.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:04 AM
Default Vaccinated are those with the greatest fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Most of us have had both vaccines. The people who live in The Villages, almost eight out of ten are vaccinated against Covid-19. Most of us are aware of a large wave of Covid Delta Variant and a lot of hospitalizations from people who were not vaccinated.

Most of us, because we are vaccinated are not OBSESSED.

We are aware that people can get sick, but not nearly as bad, as those unvaccinated.
My experience tells me otherwise. I see those already vaccinated the most likely to isolate themselves, continue to wear masks, and in many states demand shutdowns. Millions of Americans forced not to work. Millions losing health insurance, income, jobs, homes. I wonder how gung ho those collecting social security and covered by medicare would be is they were asked to give up those for a year plus. WHo is the most selfish? I wonder.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,307 Times in 2,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
My experience tells me otherwise. I see those already vaccinated the most likely to isolate themselves, continue to wear masks, and in many states demand shutdowns. Millions of Americans forced not to work. Millions losing health insurance, income, jobs, homes. I wonder how gung ho those collecting social security and covered by medicare would be is they were asked to give up those for a year plus. WHo is the most selfish? I wonder.

Good question. Let's compare:

I don't want to be vaccinated and you can't make me. I am going to live my life regardless of Covid and I'm not going to wear your face diaper. I don't care who I infect, they can wear the face diaper or stay home if they are afraid. I don't care who dies, my god-given immune system will protect me. I demand my freedom to go where I want and not worry about other people and I demand that businesses accommodate me.

OR

I know there is a chance that everyone, vaccinated or not, can carry and pass the virus. The possibility is much less for those of us like me who are vaccinated but you never know. Wearing a mask is annoying but if it keeps even one person from dying then it's worth it to me. While I won't get sick due to my vaccination there are a large number of people who haven't been vaccinated and are filling the hospitals right now. Sure, they made their own bed but that bed they are lying in is not available for the heart attack victim or car crash survivor. I may be inconvenienced by mask wearing and limited seating but keeping the hospitals available and saving lives is worth some inconvenience.

Who is the most selfish?

(Yes, restrictions and lockdowns come with a cost but sickness and death is also a cost. Finding an acceptable balance may be impossible)

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 08-16-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,316 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
If it weren't so serious a subject it would be a comedy to think of those who say there is no proof of the long term effects of being vaccinated therefore they ignore the need to get vaccinated HOWEVER they ignore the impact of the short term effect if you get the virus, like you die or are sick for a long period of time with a variety of ills. As they say you can't make this stuff up! Hey, wait. How about those who refuse to wear a mask and haven't because it is uncomfortable. Lets consider how uncomfortable it is lying in a bed in ICU in the hospital while trying to get your breath. Of course there is some unsavory things going on like overcharging, mid level Doctors acting like experts, the demand of a mask to enter a business, etc. Ahh, some of the above are getting back at them by not wearing a mask and not getting vaccinated. Their answer is to potentially die to get even. These are the same people who were acting out, crying, etc in the first grade when getting there vaccination and are fearful. Some may go so far as to smoke pot or use some other drug to escape life in general!

I can see by the post that you are not really attempting to convince anyone.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage

There does not seem to be much convincing going on. But, there is a lot of attempts to justify on here. If you have your vaccination and you are on here attempting to bully folks into getting the vaccination, all you are doing is alienating them. There is really a big difference between saying "I got my vaccination for this reason" and "you must get this vaccination or you are a UN-patriotic dirtbag." At least be honest and admit that you have doubts about the vaccination, but you are hoping that if you can force others to join your lifeboat, then if it sinks you can all sink together.
I don't worry about whether or not my neighbor gets the shots. They know that it is available and free. It's their choice and it won't effect me whatsoever either way. Whether or not the vaccination works doesn't matter much once you get the shots. You have already made your choice. Those that do not get the vaccination KNOW that that "IF" does not pertain to them. If they are exposed it is a matter of whether or not they are infected and then if they are infected whether or not they will be hospitalized and then whether or not they will DIE. Those with the vaccination, SHOULD know that if they are exposed, they have less chance of being infected and if they are have less chance of being hospitalized and if they are hospitalize, have a much better chance of living through the infection. The only negative to getting the vaccination is IF-IF-IF there are any long term effects from the serum. And in that case, as old as we are how likely are they going to catch up to us before our expiration date.
It's your choice whether or not to get the vaccination. It won't effect me and I do not care. But the odds of survival are more in your favor IF you are vaccinated than if you are not. Then again, if you are never around anyone infected you will never have to worry about the odds. On the other hand, how can you tell whether or not your neighbor has the Covid or not? You can't.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Scared Straight

At one time there was a program on TV that took young people on tour of some jails and then had them taught some lessons regarding the criminal life they were involved in. It is too bad there is no program to take the person' who demand the right to not get vaccinated or wear a mask anywhere, on tour of a Covid-19 ICU in a hospital and see what it means to be exposed to and get the virus or spread the illness to others. Also ask them to volunteer to work on the ICU along side a medical person and feel what its like to experience the risks of serving in this ward. They will leave skid marks getting away and just maybe they will get the message as to how stupid it is to risk your life because you are afraid.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
At one time there was a program on TV that took young people on tour of some jails and then had them taught some lessons regarding the criminal life they were involved in. It is too bad there is no program to take the person' who demand the right to not get vaccinated or wear a mask anywhere, on tour of a Covid-19 ICU in a hospital and see what it means to be exposed to and get the virus or spread the illness to others. Also ask them to volunteer to work on the ICU along side a medical person and feel what its like to experience the risks of serving in this ward. They will leave skid marks getting away and just maybe they will get the message as to how stupid it is to risk your life because you are afraid.

Once again, that ain't convincing anyone to get the vaccination. Some folks do NOT believe they are being "afraid." Some folks think that FOOLS are not afraid either.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:

Should the vaccinated also be marched past the hospitalized, fully vaccinated who are struggling with covid like TOTV’s own Winston Boogie? As Malone stated in his articles, we need to focus further on treatment when covid is contracted. It doesn’t appear this viral beast is on it’s way out very soon even if every single human and animal capable of acquiring the virus was vaccinated.

Winston, hoping for your release from the hospital shortly and that your recovery is complete.
Closed Thread

Tags
study, vaccine, effectiveness, pfizer, effective

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.