MD Anderson Cancer Center

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Some Background

We have been to MD Anderson, Moffitt in Tampa, Mayo in Jacksonville, Lahey Clinic in Arlington, Mass. Have also been to Westchester Medical Center in New York and Albany Med Center in NY.
From a "Diagonistic" standpoing they were all good. Kind of favor Lahey a little more because of a number of visits, etc. Does not make them better as it is a little prejudice opinion. They never missed a proper diagnosis, their treatment was excellent. Were there at difference times for family members who had 3 different kinds of cancer and in one case a member had been misdiagnosed in home town and Lahey found it right away.
Found MD Anderson to be very good and believe it would be exceptional if the Cancer was very difficult or you were a VIP. In our case there was not much difference than most of the others. Because of its size it was a little inpersonal?
Mayo is great for being convient and very good policies and treatment.
Moffitt was in our opinion a "go back to". It found and diagnosed something
that MD Anderson missed and the treatment was very personal. Moffitt was only about 1 1/2 hours from The Villages which makes it easy to get to.
I think all in their own way are very good and there is a built in prejudice for some. Can say that Moffitt picked up on something others missed which
was impressive.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM

I am currently being treated by MD Anderson since the fall of 2010. They saved my life. I have malignant melanoma and was being treated by Emory in Atlanta. I had a tumor that was not responding to treatment and surgery was suggested, however, the surgeons at Emory did not even consider it. Went to MDA and was in a clinical trial for a short time. That same tumor was not responding to treatment and my onc suggested surgery. They didn't even hesitate. The surgery for MDA was "no big deal".

I highly recommend MDA.

We are hoping to be frogs soon. We have a lot in Sanibel and we are just waiting for our house to sell. However, the market in Atlanta is horrible. We will be visiting TV in March to see progress since last August.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.