RECENT Lasik surgery

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 08:01 PM
Gold member
Default RECENT Lasik surgery

Anyone have RECENT Lasik surgery in/around The Villages area?

If so, who would you recommend?

No offense meant to responders to other posts who had it done 13-14 years ago but things have changed dramatically.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:42 AM
Gold member

I know you don't want to hear from people that had lasik surgery years ago but I am going to respond anyway. I had lasik surgery done years ago and it was a great experience. My eyes were done like bifocals -- one eye near and one eye far!

My problems came two years ago when I had early cataract surgery. The Opthalmologist told me that it would be very painful to have the lasik surgery done again and that surgery would not be covered by insurance He suggested that I get reading glasses. The problem is he just does the surgery and the other doctors in his office can't get the prescriptions right! I get severe headaches the minute I put on the reading glasses and I have had a few different prescriptions! I need to check back with him to see if the procedures have changed for the second lasik surgery.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

I had cataract surgery in Dec 2014 at St Luke's. Along with the IOL lenses, they also did the laser surgery part to correct my astigmatism. *Very* happy. Basically had to pick 2 out of 3 (distance, midrange, close). I decided that I could live with reading glasses. Surgery went well (the first week or so is, well, weird). By the 3rd week post surgery, no problems of any kind.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

I hate wearing glasses, I want to get it also, but keep procrastinating. I do have lazy left facial nerve which causes left eye problems from AN surgery. I guess we all wonder if it will help or make things worse. May I ask where is St. Luke's. I know there is lasik center in NW Orlando can't remember the name right now?
Old 01-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I hate wearing glasses, I want to get it also, but keep procrastinating. I do have lazy left facial nerve which causes left eye problems from AN surgery. I guess we all wonder if it will help or make things worse. May I ask where is St. Luke's. I know there is lasik center in NW Orlando can't remember the name right now?
Across the street from the Waterfont Hotel in Lake Sumter Landing.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizdoc View Post
I had cataract surgery in Dec 2014 at St Luke's. Along with the IOL lenses, they also did the laser surgery part to correct my astigmatism. *Very* happy. Basically had to pick 2 out of 3 (distance, midrange, close). I decided that I could live with reading glasses. Surgery went well (the first week or so is, well, weird). By the 3rd week post surgery, no problems of any kind.
It sounds like you had the cataract and laser surgery at the same time.

Two years ago, the opthalmologist told me there are issues when you need a second lasik surgery after you have already had laser and cataract surgery. He said the second laser surgery is very painful and not covered by insurance. My 1st insurance was not painful at all and that was a long time ago.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.