Medical Cannabis

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 07:54 AM

There is a web site where you can buy medical hemp oil called Charlotte's Web: Charlotte's Web Hemp Extract Oil Dietary Supplement: CW™ Hemp . For their customer service issues, call 719-373-1276, email at info@cwhemp.com, or join a live chat session on Charlotte's Web Hemp Extract Oil Dietary Supplement: CW™ Hemp. Here is a web site that lists the illnesses treatable by medical cannabis: Lean About Illnesses Treatable With Medical Cannabis .
Old 06-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Default Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
I'm hoping to begin a dialogue with those who anticipate being able to obtain a prescription for cannabis in the near future. As one who has a qualifying medical condition I am very curious about obtaining as much information as I can about dispensaries, prescribing doctors, modes of delivery, etc. I even think it would be helpful at some point down the road if we could form a support group to inform and encourage one another. I'm not interested in your opinion on medical cannabis. I'm looking to connect with others who understand the amazing healing properties of this herb and plan to use it in the future. No condemnation, please.
Me too as soon as possible to help a chronic pain issue I have when do you think we will access same
Old 06-25-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellareyes View Post
You can get a recommendation for medical cannabis through the people I went through which was Doc MJ (Medical Marijuana Recommendations for Florida Residents | DocMJ). They do telemedicine visits, and currently, you just have to go in for one in-person appointment. The renewals are done automatically for the recommendations. Since medical cannabis is not covered by insurance, this is what I found to work the best. And I have bought from the new TruLieve location in The Villages as well.
I would be interested in knowing what your experience has been. Specifically, what form are you using and what is the cost.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

I've tried it all...nothing so far has worked. I get a TENS unit tomorrow. Gabapentin gave me bad constipation...
Old 06-27-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDoilforless View Post
Hello
If you still have questions regarding CBDs please call 719 540-5400 or visit our web site, we have lab reports and lots of other great info.
Thanks for your time

CBD Oil - Buy CBD Oil For Less
Thanks for the info but, as I'm sure you already know, medical cannabis is not the same. The real healing properties are found in the whole plant. I've tried CBD oil from hemp and did not get the relief I'm looking for.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:16 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
after 2 MRI's at the VA...I've got acute spinal stenosis...pain management?
Greg, I checked and found that spinal stenosis is a qualifying condition for medical marijuana, so as long as you fit the other qualifiers (florida resident, 18 or older, etc.) you should be good to go.

To get a medical cannabis recommendation, you need to bring proof of prior diagnosis to a specially trained physician-- like the ones at MMTC in Baylee Plaza or one from weedmaps.com --at your assessment appointment. The 90-day wait was recently eliminated so they'll be able to give you a recommendation and patient ID number pretty quickly. At that point you apply for the state MM card, and that's where you've got to watch out for delays. The state office is understaffed and has been a little overwhelmed with the flood of patients after the 90-day wait requirement was lifted, so I'd try to get in there sooner rather than later so the wait doesn't pile up? My uncle got his card just recently, I think the state part took 3-4 weeks.

After you get your card, you should be able to fill that recommendation from your doctor at a dispensary like Trulieve/Surterra/Knox/etc. but different dispensaries do carry different products, so maybe talk to your doctor about which dispensary/product is closest to what you need.
Old 06-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I heard tonight on the News that three municipalities in Florida have decided to not allow Medical Cannibis. They feel they have no control over the number of sites so until the State can make some restrictions they have opted to just not allow them which they ARE allowed to do.

Winter Park is one of them; Winter Park may put moratorium on pot centers - Orlando Sentinel

Where is this new Medical Cannibis site near The Villages? What County, or town?

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-30-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:44 PM

Hi all. First....$300.00 for visit to doctor in Bailey Plaza. Legislature has done away with 90 day waiting period starting July 5, 2017. You cannot get marijuana under any circumstance. You CAN get CBD oil mixed with THC. THC is what is in the marijuana plant. After your $300. visit, you then send $75.00 to State of Florida Compassionate Care. You wait a few weeks and you receive a Medical Marijuana card. At this time the dispensary also gets your card number. You can call the dispensary and have your vape delivered. Vape is the oil and THC is what comes from marijuana. You need to also buy a vape pen. You receive a cartridge that screws into the vape pen and you vape it much like the smokeless cigarettes you see all over. The first prescription doesn't help much. Cost about $80.00. So you call the doctor and tell him and he calls in another prescription, cost $80.00. Cannot return the first batch. The vials should last 45 days. Insurance does not cover any of it. New dispensary opened on 441 so you save the $25.00 delivery fee. There are other doctors who are charging $175.00. They are in Orlando. I believe one is in Ocala.
This whole process is brand new. Laws change from day to day.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Gold member

So does this mean when I'm driving and vaping my regular e-cig, I'll be pulled over to see if I'm DWI ?
Old 07-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

It's taken over 50 years. In 1966 we slept under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran. I'm not a Florida resident. Either way. pot is safer than booze
Old 07-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
It's taken over 50 years. In 1966 we slept under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran. I'm not a Florida resident. Either way. pot is safer than booze
It is surprising how well people can do unencumbered with stuff to distort reality and deaden the emotional pain of life. They manage just fine. They see other people doing things that are both amusing and dangerous. They don't have trouble remembering what they did the night before and don't feel shame for it.

But to each his own. But don't say you want medical marijuana for cancer cures and pain AND.....................

Don't get all gooney and drive your vehicle into someone I love. I will peel your skin off for you.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Please don't get people stirred up about pot for recreational purposes and the merits of pot vs alcohol. This is a conversation about medical cannibas for those whose quality of life is being altered by disease. No one is getting high from it.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonga View Post
Hi all. First....$300.00 for visit to doctor in Bailey Plaza. Legislature has done away with 90 day waiting period starting July 5, 2017. You cannot get marijuana under any circumstance. You CAN get CBD oil mixed with THC. THC is what is in the marijuana plant. After your $300. visit, you then send $75.00 to State of Florida Compassionate Care. You wait a few weeks and you receive a Medical Marijuana card. At this time the dispensary also gets your card number. You can call the dispensary and have your vape delivered. Vape is the oil and THC is what comes from marijuana. You need to also buy a vape pen. You receive a cartridge that screws into the vape pen and you vape it much like the smokeless cigarettes you see all over. The first prescription doesn't help much. Cost about $80.00. So you call the doctor and tell him and he calls in another prescription, cost $80.00. Cannot return the first batch. The vials should last 45 days. Insurance does not cover any of it. New dispensary opened on 441 so you save the $25.00 delivery fee. There are other doctors who are charging $175.00. They are in Orlando. I believe one is in Ocala.
This whole process is brand new. Laws change from day to day.
Thank you for your informative, articulate explanation of how the process works and what constitutes the substance. My only question is one of curiosity--why does the first dose not help much? Does it have to build up in your system?
Old 07-01-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Thank you for your informative, articulate explanation of how the process works and what constitutes the substance. My only question is one of curiosity--why does the first dose not help much? Does it have to build up in your system?
If I'm not mistaken there are multiple methods of delivery, vaping being only one of them. There are also many strains of the plant and all have varying degrees of cbd and thc. Everyone responds differently and there is no Right or wrong dosage/strain. It's just what works best for your particular set of symptoms. It seems like at first there is a bit of trial and error until you find your sweet spot.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:49 PM

You have got to be kidding! No one is getting high from medical pot??? Look at the list of qualifications in states where it is available...the door is wide open for basically anyone to qualify.

For example, the newly passed law in FL includes "or any other ailment/condition of the same severity/symptoms, when determined by a physician's opinion that the medical use of marijuana would surpass any potential health risks".

Despite it's legitimate use for some ailments, the legalization of medical marijuana is basically a step toward recreational legalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnrbec View Post
Please don't get people stirred up about pot for recreational purposes and the merits of pot vs alcohol. This is a conversation about medical cannibas for those whose quality of life is being altered by disease. No one is getting high from it.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, cannabis, future, encourage, group

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.