Medical Cannabis

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2017, 07:20 AM

You might be able to stop in at the Medical Marijuana Clinic on 441 to get more info. I'm sure they can help you know if an illness or condition would qualify.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 AM
Smile

I have multiple sclerosis and have recently sent paperwork to the state to get my card. I'm from Connecticut where the MM program has worked quite well. There's no reason why it can't work here. I have not asked for any opioid drugs because of all the side effects. having used marijuana when I was younger I don't have any fear of it. If it helps me to not be in daily pain I'd rather have that. Our support group had two doctors to speak on the subject and answer all questions about the use of an M M. They answered all questions which was a big help. And did say that marijuana on the streets is three times stronger then you can get from the dispensary. So I would think if you use it to get high you have to take your whole months supply of medication. I don't think I'll do that. LOL
Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkilby View Post
You might be able to stop in at the Medical Marijuana Clinic on 441 to get more info. I'm sure they can help you know if an illness or condition would qualify.
Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

I am a part time resident of the Villages but also live in Massachusetts where I have my MM card. I do not like to smoke recreational pot because the high makes me paranoid and uncomfortable in social situations. I only take MM products that are very high in CBDs and have little to no THC (which is what gets the user high). I have bad knees and osteoarthritis (many old sports injuries) but I also love to work out and stay as active as possible. Before I discovered MM I was taking ibuprofen (Advil) and naproxen (Aleve) daily to keep me going. I then read about how prolonged use of these non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can cause all kinds of stomach issues, as well as increase risk of heart attack and strokes. Since discovering MM I have not taken a single on of these pills in over a year and my osteoarthritis pain is almost completely gone. I do not smoke pot or get high. I either vaporize a MM strain that is genetically engineered to be high in CBD and very low in THC or I take pure CBD by eating tasty CBD infused gummy bears. The CBD dosage is lab tested so you know exactly how many m.g. of CBD is in each gummy. Going to have 1 1/2 gummy bears in a few minutes and go to the YMCA and swim my daily mile and a half and then do the full CYBEX circuit at the gym. Cheers
Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Default Educated decisions

Thanks Gracie

Please read all available information and then decide.

Also, I think the LAST thing needed here are spelling and grammar police.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmoxies View Post
Thanks Gracie

Please read all available information and then decide.

Also, I think the LAST thing needed here are spelling and grammar police.
The point was not the misspelling. The point was that this pseudo-documentary is just advertising for the new liquid marijuana business. And that is what it is a business. It is now legal to sell a soother for some minor pain and feel nice too. IN MY Opinion. I realize that marijuana is widely used by the age group in The Villages.

That is the least of my concerns, but don't call pot a kettle. Or a miracle drug. It isn't.

And it is padding fortunes for a few folks;...Canna-Empires -- Who Owns the Most Colorado Dispensaries | The Marijuana Blog by Errl Henry | LeafBuyer

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Controls

It is great that Marijuana has been approved for medical purposes. I had a niece who ultimately passed away at 28, was an officer and Attorney in the Army and spent the last year in the Walter Reed Hospital in Washington. It was necessary to get her marijuana on the black market. Having said this it should be clear that I do not have a blanket dislike for making Marijuana legal. The concern is what will be done to only prescribe it for the appropriate use. We can all see the terrible social problems it brought in Colorado since it is out of control. We know that about 20% of youths/young adults who use it for non medical purposes will move on to more destructive drugs, (e.e. Meth,Coke, Heroin, etc's) It is critical that the penalties for the medical profession prescribing it for other than needed Medical purposes receive strong penalties!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Default I assume we can see eye to eye

Hi Friend,
It would seem the Legislators have still kept MMJ in the back of the bus. No buds. Don't get me wrong, oils, edibles, etc. are fine and good, but that's not how I am used to taking my medicine as an outlaw, self medicator.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. It's a start.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Idiot View Post
Hi Friend,
It would seem the Legislators have still kept MMJ in the back of the bus. No buds. Don't get me wrong, oils, edibles, etc. are fine and good, but that's not how I am used to taking my medicine as an outlaw, self medicator.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello. It's a start.
Another first time poster. Sit right down. Need an ash tray?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Another first time poster. Sit right down. Need an ash tray?
No thank you. I actually have a real spiffy vintage ashtray collection..........
Old 06-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

It seems to me, having known and observed members of all three demographic groups, "The Greatest Generation" was followed by "The Silent Generation" which was followed by "The Stoned Generation".

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
It seems to me, having known and observed members of all three demographic groups, "The Greatest Generation" was followed by "The Silent Generation" which was followed by "The Stoned Generation".
And now we will have the legal dealers.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Not Sure

Really not sure what "Legal Generation" is meant to
signify?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Really not sure what "Legal Generation" is meant to
signify?
Not legal generation. The young people are called Milennials. Legal Dealers is my sarcastic take on the new folks in the Marijuana Dispensary business.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Really not sure what "Legal Generation" is meant to signify?
I think it means for some, that the brainwashing attempt by the government with misinformation such as the fake documentary 'Reefer Madness'...actually worked.

What didn't work nearly as well, was the CIA's long term attempt to control people with LSD.

There's an excellent series on the History Channel called the 'America's War on Drugs,' that goes into great detail on what actually gave rise to the problem we have with the more serious drugs...such as heroin and cocaine. The main culprit being our own CIA.

Interestingly enough, two of the most harmful drugs imaginable and are a mainstay here in TV...nicotine & alcohol...are totally legal.

New Study Finds Marijuana Safer Than Alcohol Or Tobacco | IFLScience

Go figure.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, cannabis, future, encourage, group

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.