Medical malpractice attorney

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2017, 05:16 AM
Default Medical malpractice attorney

Does anyone know of effective counsel in Central Florida who handles medical malpractice?

Thanks,

EJD
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Platinum member

Watch the 6 P. M. news for 10 minutes and you will have a pick of six or so sharks.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM

I pm you
Old 05-18-2017, 12:58 PM

I explored this subject one time and was advised by a lawyer I knew who specialized in defending malpractice defendants the best plaintiff attorneys were located in Orlando with none being local. Sorry, I can not recall the names of the firms. Please be aware though the hurdles for bringing a successful malpractice action in Florida are pretty high and if the injury sustained is not serious enough no one will take the case particularly if it involves a senior who usually is already compromised medically. I believe there is also a statutory recovery limit of $ 500,000 which can be increased to $ 1,000,000 when catastrophic injuries and/or death result. Florida enacted " malpractice reform " statutes a number of years ago and got nothing in return from the medical profession and malpractice liability insurers other then a promise from the practitioners not to relocate elsewhere and the insurers to keep writing malpractice liability insurance. Whether that was a smart decision or not is a matter of personal opinion.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
I explored this subject one time and was advised by a lawyer I knew who specialized in defending malpractice defendants the best plaintiff attorneys were located in Orlando with none being local. Sorry, I can not recall the names of the firms. Please be aware though the hurdles for bringing a successful malpractice action in Florida are pretty high and if the injury sustained is not serious enough no one will take the case particularly if it involves a senior who usually is already compromised medically. I believe there is also a statutory recovery limit of $ 500,000 which can be increased to $ 1,000,000 when catastrophic injuries and/or death result. Florida enacted " malpractice reform " statutes a number of years ago and got nothing in return from the medical profession and malpractice liability insurers other then a promise from the practitioners not to relocate elsewhere and the insurers to keep writing malpractice liability insurance. Whether that was a smart decision or not is a matter of personal opinion.
All true. Add to that the fact that 92% of malpractice cases are won by the defendant. I do hope that whatever injuries the OP sustained are mild and temporary and he/she has a speedy recovery.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:52 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I do not know what you are dealing with so it is difficult to respond with and degree of certainty. However I can tell you that I oversaw better than 250 lawsuits everyday all across this nation for many years. They are emotionally painful with a rightful and intentional intrusion to know about anything remotely damaging about your life and that of your family.

Last edited by rubicon; 05-19-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
medical, malpractice, florida, central, handles

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.