Medical Marijuana Treatment Clinics of Florida

Old 05-30-2021, 10:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Oh yes another vote for reefer madness , anyone can find medical science for there own beliefs but the science is all showing what a wonderful drug this can be in so many ways and I’m a happy healthy , gym , bike , and run every day at 82
Old 05-30-2021, 10:42 AM

You need to consider cause/effect vs. relationship. Could they have reported these symptoms prior to pot use, and the symptoms led them to self-medicate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
"How Does Marijuana Affect a Person's Life?

Compared to those who don't use marijuana, those who frequently use large amounts report the following:

lower life satisfaction
poorer mental health
poorer physical health
more relationship problems
People also report less academic and career success. For example, marijuana use is linked to a higher likelihood of dropping out of school.18 It's also linked to more job absences, accidents, and injuries.19"

From: Marijuana DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)

"Brain Health
Marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), attaches to the brain's cannabinoid receptors. These receptors connect to nerves in the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.

Multiple studies have linked marijuana use with a higher risk of the following psychotic symptoms:2

Delusions
Disorganized thinking and speech
Hallucinations
Teen marijuana use is also linked to an increased risk of depression and suicidal behavior.3"

Old 06-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

Compared to those who don't use marijuana, those who frequently use large amounts report the following:

lower life satisfaction
poorer mental health
poorer physical health
People also report less academic and career success. For example, marijuana use is linked to a higher likelihood of dropping out of school.18 It's also linked to more job absences, accidents, and injuries.19"

"Brain Health
Marijuana's main psychoactive ingredient, delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), attaches to the brain's cannabinoid receptors. These receptors connect to nerves in the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.

Multiple studies have linked marijuana use with a higher risk of the following psychotic symptoms:2

Delusions
Hallucinations
Teen marijuana use is also linked to an increased risk of depression and suicidal behavior.3"

I have never thought smoking grass could do you any good. I tend to agree with you on this. We still are at odds over the Velveeta which I still say is yummy in certain things. I did get your message and you were right~~~~We all should have seen that coming. The older I get, the more puzzled I am over human behavior.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

lower life satisfaction
poorer mental health
poorer physical health

"Brain Health

Delusions
Hallucinations

You can always tell someone who hasn't used marijuana, they are sure to find negative articles, most likely found on the internet, while they are drinking booze and never looking up the negative aspects of alcohol use.

I also notice the above post also states the negative effects of those who use marijuana frequently in large amounts. Alcohol is worse, so why aren't they demanding the abolition of alcohol?
Old 06-07-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
You can always tell someone who hasn't used marijuana, they are sure to find negative articles, most likely found on the internet, while they are drinking booze and never looking up the negative aspects of alcohol use.

I also notice the above post also states the negative effects of those who use marijuana frequently in large amounts. Alcohol is worse, so why aren't they demanding the abolition of alcohol?
100% this!

I've never seen fights start because someone got too high--I've seen LOTS of fights start because someone got drunk & angry.

I've never heard about a woman getting date-raped or groped / improperly touched because someone got too high (I'm not suggesting it's NEVER happened, but I'd bet it's rare), but it happens ALL THE TIME by men who get drunk & aggressive.

People who get buzzed or drunk on alcohol have a tendency to speed &/or drive aggressively / recklessly, while stoners most often drive slowly in the right hand lane.

It's mystifying how, even in 2022, so many people are still unable to think for themselves, but instead cling to their Richard Nixon-induced "reefer madness" mentality.

It's odd how someone with even a half-a-brain could pontificate about the harmful effects of cannabis, while ignoring the overwhelming evidence and statistics that prove WITHOUT A DOUBT that alcohol and tobacco are FAR worse in terms of negative effects to one's personal health and to overall society.

And while we're on that topic, processed food, fast food, sugared soft drinks, etc., have resulted in an epidemic of obesity and childhood diabetes, yet I never hear these cannabis fear-mongers preaching about the dangers of such unhealthy eating habits.

Those among you who have never tried cannabis but who take opioid-based prescribed medicine from your doctor, or who have sleep issues and regularly take sleep meds prescribed by your doctor--do you REALLY think those things are less dangerous than an unprocessed plant created by G-d or nature / evolution?
Old 06-08-2022, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Oh yes another vote for reefer madness , anyone can find medical science for there own beliefs but the science is all showing what a wonderful drug this can be in so many ways and I’m a happy healthy , gym , bike , and run every day at 82
I think it has a lot to do with the persons state of mind to begin with. I knew 2 everyday smokers who went full schizo and never came back and other everydayers who were very successful in life, I myself suffer from anxiety and weed can make it worse. So I have been staying away lately. Its all about the what kind of person you are.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:34 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Hey Charlie, We need to hang out. <g> That said, I stopped smoking when covid hit, my thinking is if I get covid I want my lungs to be happy and healthy. Gummies are the way to go now.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,296 Times in 3,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Hey Charlie, We need to hang out. <g> That said, I stopped smoking when covid hit, my thinking is if I get covid I want my lungs to be happy and healthy. Gummies are the way to go now.
Former imbiber here (I stopped in the late 1980's). Was recreational use only, but I didn't really like how it made me feel so I just stopped, no biggie.

Meanwhile, half the neighborhood here has medical cannabis cards. Gummies and tinctures seem to be the popular option, though I've heard (and smelled) that a few smoke it.

I also understand that the stuff they sell in the medical cannabis shops is MUCH more potent than the Maui Wowie we used to enjoy back in the 70's. And MUCH more expensive - remember when 1/2 oz was $50 for the brown with shake, and $75 for sinsimilla with sticky buds? Now it's something like $600 for that half ounce, and you buy it by the gram. BTW in Oregon you can get it for $100 for a half-ounce.
Old 06-09-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Former imbiber here (I stopped in the late 1980's). Was recreational use only, but I didn't really like how it made me feel so I just stopped, no biggie.

Meanwhile, half the neighborhood here has medical cannabis cards. Gummies and tinctures seem to be the popular option, though I've heard (and smelled) that a few smoke it.

I also understand that the stuff they sell in the medical cannabis shops is MUCH more potent than the Maui Wowie we used to enjoy back in the 70's. And MUCH more expensive - remember when 1/2 oz was $50 for the brown with shake, and $75 for sinsimilla with sticky buds? Now it's something like $600 for that half ounce, and you buy it by the gram. BTW in Oregon you can get it for $100 for a half-ounce.
NJ recently legalized recreational. They put the brakes on "opening day" and delayed for 2 or 3 months so there was this huge glut of weed they couldn't legally sell.
Somehow this weed hit the black market and they were practically giving it away.
If you knew the right people full oz's of green bud were selling for as low as $70!!!
I bought a mason jar packed full for $80. I have since given it up but yeah.....good times!
PS the other day they made it legal for off duty police to smoke it, no more testing.
I imagine regular businesses will have to drop tests too or get sued.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:48 PM

I know this an old thread but I was wondering if people with neurothopy have had any relief? I tried all the drugs..they are all awful and don't work. I am gluten free and do as much excersize as I can ( I can't do anything impact on my feet because I am prone to ulcers..so I swim) I have learned to just live with the constant awareness of the pain wierd numbness and sleepless nights. Does medical weed work?
Old 02-26-2024, 05:23 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesandPat View Post
I know this an old thread but I was wondering if people with neurothopy have had any relief? I tried all the drugs..they are all awful and don't work. I am gluten free and do as much excersize as I can ( I can't do anything impact on my feet because I am prone to ulcers..so I swim) I have learned to just live with the constant awareness of the pain wierd numbness and sleepless nights. Does medical weed work?
Hello,
Although it's an old thread we are still here to help. MMTC partners with Marijuana Awareness & Wellness, and they have many resources on how medical cannabis can help with symptoms of neuropathy. I'm attaching some helpful links. Here is the Youtube, specifically a playlist on Neuropathy & Medical Marijuana.

Here is a link to their website, where you can dive more into specific ailments/illnesses and you'll find Neuropathy there, too.

I hope this helps!

Tags
awareness, day, june, marijuana, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.