Medical Office Front Office Staff Personnel

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 09:03 AM

I work at Village Periodontics and Dr. Davis would never tolerate a staff member who was not friendly and helpful to our patients! Those doctors with grumpy employees need to realize we all have a choice of where to go for healthcare and WILL leave because of the front office staff even if the doctor is great! I am lucky to also be a patient at the Villages Healthcare Santa Barbara and everyone there goes out of their way to be kind and welcoming. I believe all their locations are this way because it is built into their vision statement, as it should be! Healthcare workers with no compassion should get a job in a cubicle with a computer, not people!
Old 05-20-2017, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnurse View Post
We moved up here from South FL and I can't believe how bad the medical care is up here. We wished we would have known. Please please if you have complex medical issues do not go to the villages hospital! Go out of the villages for better care..maybe. we planned our move up here for 3 years.. unfortunately we will be moving back to South FL for better health care...our dream has been shattered.
Well, if that is your perception, then you really ARE dreaming.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauLinda View Post
I work at Village Periodontics and Dr. Davis would never tolerate a staff member who was not friendly and helpful to our patients! Those doctors with grumpy employees need to realize we all have a choice of where to go for healthcare and WILL leave because of the front office staff even if the doctor is great! I am lucky to also be a patient at the Villages Healthcare Santa Barbara and everyone there goes out of their way to be kind and welcoming. I believe all their locations are this way because it is built into their vision statement, as it should be! Healthcare workers with no compassion should get a job in a cubicle with a computer, not people!
I am a patient of Dr. Davis and his staff and I have found the care and service to be A++++ .

I am a lifetime Dental -phobe and had major work done by Dr. Davis one year ago . The experience could not have been better as has been the follow-up visits .

Also I am a patient of The Villages Health and have experienced excellent care and treatment by everyone from my Dr. to the receptionists .
Old 05-20-2017, 01:27 PM

Just yesterday I underwent a procedure by a local, very well-thought of, dental surgeon. Arrived for appointment, took care of necessary forms, was to return to waiting room. Started down hall, two young women in scrubs standing in the hallway. One says, Oh, we are ready for you, follow me. Never once did either of these two women offer her name and certainly not her position. Dr came in sat down, said, "your are going to feel a pinch"..... IV started, he left room. All the necessary pre-op apparatus was connected prior to the anesthesia being administered. No one said a word.... now you are going to begin to feel sleepy, not a single word. Not one word of communication from either of these women during this time. Having been an OR Nurse for years, I always stood by my pt, held hand, informed the patient what was happening or about to happen, just to console the patient, give them a feeling they were cared for. I think that professionalism, communication and compassion have gone by the wayside.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Post Great Treatments

We just ended about 6 months of treatment, (Surgery, Radiation, Chemo, and many office visits) at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Somethings you can be assured of. First that you will not wait long times for Dr. visits. If you are scheduled for 1PM you can be sure that you will be called into the Dr office within 5 minutes or early at 1PM. Second you can be sure the staff will treat you with respect and kindness. Third you will be comfortable while you wait if you are early, etc. Fourth, whatever you need in the way of meds or attention you will get it with concern and kindness. There is no excuse for bad treatments either by the staff or Dr. and for the Dr to tolerate his staff being disrespectable then you can be sure his/her treatment has the same disrespect for your medical problem.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnurse View Post
rs.. unfortunately we will be moving back to South FL for better health care...our dream has been shattered.
The worst cardiologist I ever had was in Boca Raton and the 2nd worst in the W. Palm Beach area. If I had listened to either I probably wouldn't be here now. There is good and bad everywhere. I'm very happy here with my doctors. I had excellent doctors and surgeon in S.Florida but don't have to live there for great care.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

I've generally found the receptionists in TV to be polite and helpful, like 85% of them. The rest wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in my office. The front desk IS the face of the practice to most people, just as the phone staff is on calls. I've always said the staff gets it's attitude from the top, so to a certain degree those who question the physicians demeanor are correct.

However, keep in mind, that the doctors at TVH and other practices are NOT in charge, they are also employees of a corporate entity and therefore cannot control staff like a private practice. For example, we once hired a med tech who within 2 hrs. on her first day asked if she could have a job where she sat all day since her "feet hurt". My response----Of course you can, and I wish you a lot of luck finding it, GET OUT. The doctors at TVH can't do that.
Closed Thread

Tags
phone, office, horrible, staff, messages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.