Medicare Advantage

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Sage
Default Medicare Advantage

We are just going through this medicare sign up. If you are relatively healthy, is the Medicare Advantage plan superior to the Supplemental plan?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Platinum member
Default Preferred Care Partners

We save $400 per month by going from Traditional Medicare, supplement and Pharmacy plan to Preferred care Partners. Our care with Preferred Care has been good. This includes a hernia operation last year. Preferred Care has an office in Sumter Landing and will answer any questions.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Sage

My husband and mother bother saved a ton of money going with a Medicare Advantage vs traditional medicare and a supplemental. Not even sure being relatively healthy plays a role in the decision. Services seem to be comparable - only issue may be the doctors you can use.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Sage

We've been more than satisfied with Preferred Care Partners. Being "healthy" or not hasn't played into it at all.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage

What is the difference between Preferred Care Partners and Medicare Advantage and Medicare Advantage Plus?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Sage

Preferred Care Partners offers a medicare advantage plan. They have an office in Lake Sumter Landing - would be worth your time to go and talk with them.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Sage

Is Preferred Care Partners an insurance instrument? We are working with an insurance agent and she recommended Med Advantage. I can't remember why but I thought maybe we should up it to the Med Advantage Plus. But I am concerned about the hospitals that are in network like The Village Hospital...actually I am concerned about the hospitals that are NOT in network like Shands and Mayo.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Is Preferred Care Partners an insurance instrument? We are working with an insurance agent and she recommended Med Advantage. I can't remember why but I thought maybe we should up it to the Med Advantage Plus. But I am concerned about the hospitals that are in network like The Village Hospital...actually I am concerned about the hospitals that are NOT in network like Shands and Mayo.
Just for your info---as of a couple of months ago Shands Hospital in Jax and Gainsville are part of the PCP network. I have PCP and used Shands Gainsville recently so I can be absolutely positive that this hospital is now "in network".
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Sage

This is a PPO
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.