Medicare Advantage

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Sage
Default Medicare Advantage

We are just going through this medicare sign up. If you are relatively healthy, is the Medicare Advantage plan superior to the Supplemental plan?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Platinum member
Default Preferred Care Partners

We save $400 per month by going from Traditional Medicare, supplement and Pharmacy plan to Preferred care Partners. Our care with Preferred Care has been good. This includes a hernia operation last year. Preferred Care has an office in Sumter Landing and will answer any questions.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Sage

My husband and mother bother saved a ton of money going with a Medicare Advantage vs traditional medicare and a supplemental. Not even sure being relatively healthy plays a role in the decision. Services seem to be comparable - only issue may be the doctors you can use.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Sage

We've been more than satisfied with Preferred Care Partners. Being "healthy" or not hasn't played into it at all.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage

What is the difference between Preferred Care Partners and Medicare Advantage and Medicare Advantage Plus?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Sage

Preferred Care Partners offers a medicare advantage plan. They have an office in Lake Sumter Landing - would be worth your time to go and talk with them.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Sage

Is Preferred Care Partners an insurance instrument? We are working with an insurance agent and she recommended Med Advantage. I can't remember why but I thought maybe we should up it to the Med Advantage Plus. But I am concerned about the hospitals that are in network like The Village Hospital...actually I am concerned about the hospitals that are NOT in network like Shands and Mayo.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:46 AM
Location: TV, Vero Beach, Fl., Ft. Lauderdale, Fl., Boston, Ma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
Is Preferred Care Partners an insurance instrument? We are working with an insurance agent and she recommended Med Advantage. I can't remember why but I thought maybe we should up it to the Med Advantage Plus. But I am concerned about the hospitals that are in network like The Village Hospital...actually I am concerned about the hospitals that are NOT in network like Shands and Mayo.
Just for your info---as of a couple of months ago Shands Hospital in Jax and Gainsville are part of the PCP network. I have PCP and used Shands Gainsville recently so I can be absolutely positive that this hospital is now "in network".
Old 03-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Sage

This is a PPO
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.