Medicare part B and supplements

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Default Medicare part B and supplements

We will be coming from Illinois to Pennecamp the 2nd week of December
I am retiring and will be losing my company health coverage.
We are both on part A and will be buying part B.
I am in a quandry about supplements. We were looking at Florida supplemental plans on the net and they all seem to want your life history before they will give you a quote.

Could any of you steer us to an area where the choices would not require a life history and possibly be biased by the salesman.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See You Soon.

Jack and Pam
Old 10-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Sage

I just started with California Blue Cross Anthem.

No medical required.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-24-2010, 04:41 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I don't know your medical history or situation but there are many, many companies offering supplemental health insurance for Medicare Part B. Your real shore will be picking the one that best suits you. There is a volunteer organization here in The Villages called SHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) which will help you with your choices. They sell nothing, get nothing, and charge nothing. Look in the Thursday Recreation Center Supplement in every Thursday's Daily Sun newspaper for info on where to find SHINE. I think (not sure though) they see people every other Friday at the Chula Vista Recreation Center but check the Rec Center News to confirm.

Depending on your situation, another big need may be Part D insurance (Drugs). SHINE can help you with those also. They will need a list of current medications though - to make sure any plans they suggest will cover the drugs you currently take.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 AM

Thanks all for your input.

I now have some direction
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.