Medicare Part D

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 11:16 AM

I agree with not going with Medicare Advantage. I checked my meds for my Meniere's Disease and they don't even cover it. UF Health was trying to talk us into changing to Medicare Advantage. No way. We have Medicare A&B plus a secondary insurance. We ate paying more for secondary thab a supplemental but it is well worth it.I am also on the Trelegy & you need an insurance with a very good drug plan.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevjudbaker View Post
I agree with not going with Medicare Advantage. I checked my meds for my Meniere's Disease and they don't even cover it. UF Health was trying to talk us into changing to Medicare Advantage. No way. We have Medicare A&B plus a secondary insurance. We ate paying more for secondary thab a supplemental but it is well worth it.I am also on the Trelegy & you need an insurance with a very good drug plan.
Beware of Medicare Advantage, don’t let anyone talk you into it.
You get what you pay for. Publix is great for drug prices and letting us use GoodRx app. For lower pricing. Good Luck
Old 06-01-2020, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

If you join a program like Villages Health, the monthly premium is zero. But the number you should really pay attention to is Maximum Annual Out-Of-Pocket. The Villages Health Medicare Advantage plan I chose has zero monthly premium and a max out of pocket of $3,400 per year.

If possible get your treatments covered by Part B rather than the Prescription drug portion (Part D) of Medicare. The drug program has no annual maximum.

I get an injection bi- weekly with each injection billed at over $10,000 per shot. But my max out-of-pocket is $3,400 because the injection is covered under Part B and has the maximum out-of-pocket provision. If I took an oral prescription under Part D I would have to pay over $11,000 per year in co-pays.

Do your research.

Last edited by Villages Kahuna; 06-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Default Medicare

Switch to United Health Care Medicare Advantage or Florida Blue Medicare Advantage.
OR use goodrx.com or singlecare.com
Closed Thread

Tags
lowest, part, medicare, trelegy, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.