Medicare Part D

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2020, 11:18 AM
Default Medicare Part D

Hi everyone. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on Medicare part D.

I have COPD and the inhaler I use is very expensive. What plan has the lowest monthly premium with the lowest deductible Hi everyone. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on Medicare part D.

I have COPD and the inhaler I use is very expensive. What plan has the lowest monthly premium with the lowest deductible and cost for Trelegy. most affordable cost for Trelegy.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:24 AM

Go to medicare.gov there is a find a plan section where you list the drugs you take and it will tell you the total annual costs to you on the various Part D plans that are available
Old 05-31-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilV1 View Post
Go to medicare.gov there is a find a plan section where you list the drugs you take and it will tell you the total annual costs to you on the various Part D plans that are available
Exactly. There is no way for us to know which plan would be lowest cost for the drugs you take. Medicare.gov will list the available options depending on your own drug list. That said, we have been happy with Silverscript through CVS Caremark.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

What you might do is contact all the companies offering supplemental plans like Humana, Blue Cross, etc and let their reps get you the answer.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

If someone suggests an ADVANTAGE plan, please be very careful, and contact SHINE (SHINE - Home) for unbiased info on the differences between supplemental and advantage plans. As for your prescriptions, I believe if you contact Medicare they have an online service that will help you with choosing a suitable plan.
Old 05-31-2020, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
What you might do is contact all the companies offering supplemental plans like Humana, Blue Cross, etc and let their reps get you the answer.
The OP doesn't want Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap). She wants a Prescription Drug Plan (Medicare Part D).

The advice she received about going to medicare.gov and clicking on Drug Coverage (Part D) is absolutely correct. This can help her find the most economical plan for her.

OP, if using the computer is difficult for you, try scheduling a visit with a SHINE rep in TV. Maybe they can coach you through the steps.

Good luck!
Old 05-31-2020, 01:36 PM

Thanks everybody for your quick responses!
Old 06-01-2020, 06:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debde1 View Post
Hi everyone. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on Medicare part D.

I have COPD and the inhaler I use is very expensive. What plan has the lowest monthly premium with the lowest deductible Hi everyone. Can anyone out there give me a heads up on Medicare part D.

I have COPD and the inhaler I use is very expensive. What plan has the lowest monthly premium with the lowest deductible and cost for Trelegy. most affordable cost for Trelegy.
There’s a couple of things you can do
Go to Medicare.gov hit the link to available plans put your info in. Easy to follow
You can talk to your pharmacist Walgreens use to run the plans for you
Talk to your doctor, doctors have apps to the drug companies for lower cost
If you are already in a plan you are not able to change this time of year unless you fall int Special enroll or upgrading to a 5 star plan
If you need info please reach out and I can see what other options you may have
Old 06-01-2020, 06:21 AM
Veteran member

Also there are certain doctors and medical offices that are community-based and actually have lower costs due to Federal subsidies to serve lower-income communities.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Default Trump lowers insulin cost for 2021

This is something Dems and Republicans can get behind As Trump had a meeting with Pharmaceuticals 2 lower the monthly cost 2 $25 for your insulin. You should save the average consumer close to 1,000 or more dollars a year easily if you have Medicare Part D
Old 06-01-2020, 07:02 AM

You can go on medicare web and put in a search for what you want and it will show you plans that apply.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:08 AM

Unless you also have Medicaid, you need to wait to change plans during open enrollment (mid Oct-early Dec). Your best bet for now, ask your doc to prescribe something else, or call the plan for the name of generic or another cheaper Rx that will do the job. Consult with a SHINE counselor. They can give you free, unbiased info, and they don't sell anything. They offer info sessions or one-on-one counseling all over The Villages, every week (not sure how they are handling during this pandemic). Also, consult needymeds.org
Old 06-01-2020, 07:49 AM

Check your drug prices on GoodRx also. Many times their prices are lower than the co-pay on your Part D insurance. Publix Pharmacy is really good about helping find the lowest prices. Up until this year, 90 day mail order prescriptions through our Part D insurance had the lowest prices. Now we get the lowest prices for 90 day prescriptions using Publix Pharmacy. Weird!
Old 06-01-2020, 07:53 AM

You can also just CALL 1-800-Medicare. Tell them you are interested in a new drug plan. They will ask you your meds and tell you the best 2 or 3 for you. I do this every year as plans change and as my meds change. So much easier to talk directly to them and get answers to questions on the spot.
Old 06-01-2020, 10:02 AM

Call SHINE at 1-800-96-ELDER. They will get you in touch with a Shine counselor on the phone until they start seeing people face to face.
Closed Thread

Tags
lowest, part, medicare, trelegy, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.