Medicare with secondary/medigap

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage
Default Medicare with secondary/medigap

The latest AARP bulletin discusses the supplemental verses advantage plans with an easy to follow flow chart. It’s a great starting point for further research.
Best to start your research at least a year before you’re eligible. There are many twists and turns that can affect your coverage for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
There are several very nice golden retrievers roaming about The Villages.

As far as advice, I’d suggest SHINE if you are uncomfortable doing your own research. Health Insurance advice given by the sales staff of an insurer is not given objectively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Good advice. Not easy to do your own research but not impossible either. In my case I wanted to stay with The Villages Health Care System and SHINE did have a hard time answering specific questions I had about that particular advantage plan. The sales agent for United Health Care in Spanish Springs did a good job answering those questions. I do agree with you about be careful taking advice from someone that benefits from a particular sale (like financial advisers vs commission).
Old 10-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Jake agrees !

The Villages Florida

Jake obviously has good taste in owners, and you in pets.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Good advice. Not easy to do your own research but not impossible either. In my case I wanted to stay with The Villages Health Care System and SHINE did have a hard time answering specific questions I had about that particular advantage plan. The sales agent for United Health Care in Spanish Springs did a good job answering those questions. I do agree with you about be careful taking advice from someone that benefits from a particular sale (like financial advisers vs commission).

Well done!

Old 10-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I have a United Healthcare supplement, but I would take insurance advice from a golden retriever before a United sales person.

I dealt with health insurers for 40+ years. I understand health insurance plans.

P.S. please do not take my comment above as a slam against Golden retrievers; at least they know what they’re talking about. [emoji41]

I can provide you with that Advice Retriever. He never prevaricates, either. Slobbers though...
Old 10-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Jake agrees !

The Villages Florida

It appears Jake and our GR Crosby are both on Medicare. They have the experience.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

I meant to say “nicely done” to you, but I guess it works for Wiott as well.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It appears Jake and our GR Crosby are both on Medicare. They have the experience.

He’s too young right now so we put him onto the ACA.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
He’s too young right now so we put him onto the ACA.

[emoji33][emoji23]

Old 12-29-2017, 06:43 PM

I am a UHC Advantage member, and was hospitalized recently. I went to the UHC Customer Service agent, and the Sales Agent for United Health Care in Spanish Springs, those are two different departments. Neither one knows what the other one is doing. I was going over a complex billing invoice and all the Cust Service lady could do was to change the subject.... she did not have a clue as to how to access the hospital records, or the TVH records. Also, you cannot believe what the UHC Advantage toll free phone support tells you, they are dumber than a Basset Hound, I received conflicting info each time i called.
I'm going back to Orig Medicare and suppl plan F. I will miss The Villages Health Primary Care Dr, he seemed very competent. The Villages sells you on their Health Care SYSTEM, but it is not really a SYSTEM. That they delude you into thinking, it is a mess, a maze to select in-network vs out -of-network, and half of them dont even participate at The Villages Regional Hospital, which by the way is not part of The Villages Health, it is operated by the Central Florida Health Alliance (CFH) it is a locally owned and governed, 626-bed not-for-profit healthcare system. I will repeat; the Hospital is not part of TVH The Villages Health. TVH is part of the © Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. The Villages is a registered trademark of Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. And i will repeat, the TVH has almost nothing to do with the CFH Hospital.
Be very careful.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
TVH is part of the © Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. The Villages is a registered trademark of Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. And i will repeat, the TVH has almost nothing to do with the CFH Hospital.
Be very careful.
TVH is not part of the Villages Holding Company. CFH leases the building and logo from TVH, that's the only relationship between them.

Villages Health patients who go to TVH are cared for by Villages Health hospitalists, not TVH hospitalists. It makes for a much smooth transition to and from your PCP. Your PCP has direct access to all your TVH and Leesberg Hospital records.

I doubt there is anyone one the planet who can explain a hospital bill.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I am a UHC Advantage member, and was hospitalized recently. I went to the UHC Customer Service agent, and the Sales Agent for United Health Care in Spanish Springs, those are two different departments. Neither one knows what the other one is doing. I was going over a complex billing invoice and all the Cust Service lady could do was to change the subject.... she did not have a clue as to how to access the hospital records, or the TVH records. Also, you cannot believe what the UHC Advantage toll free phone support tells you, they are dumber than a Basset Hound, I received conflicting info each time i called.
I'm going back to Orig Medicare and suppl plan F. I will miss The Villages Health Primary Care Dr, he seemed very competent. The Villages sells you on their Health Care SYSTEM, but it is not really a SYSTEM. That they delude you into thinking, it is a mess, a maze to select in-network vs out -of-network, and half of them dont even participate at The Villages Regional Hospital, which by the way is not part of The Villages Health, it is operated by the Central Florida Health Alliance (CFH) it is a locally owned and governed, 626-bed not-for-profit healthcare system. I will repeat; the Hospital is not part of TVH The Villages Health. TVH is part of the [emoji767] Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. The Villages is a registered trademark of Holding Company of The Villages, Inc. And i will repeat, the TVH has almost nothing to do with the CFH Hospital.
Be very careful.

Your decision to revert to traditional Medicare plus Plan F is a good one IMHO. There is no ownership link between CFHA and TVH. The folks you spoke with are salespeople not billing experts.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
TVH is not part of the Villages Holding Company. CFH leases the building and logo from TVH, that's the only relationship between them.

Villages Health patients who go to TVH are cared for by Villages Health hospitalists, not TVH hospitalists. It makes for a much smooth transition to and from your PCP. Your PCP has direct access to all your TVH and Leesberg Hospital records.

I doubt there is anyone one the planet who can explain a hospital bill.

I feel very comfortable looking at hospital bills, although I will admit most have errors.

And I’m not a member of TVH, but my PCP will be my Hospitalist any time I’m admitted. And my wife’s as well. TVH is not the end all. Remember that you, as an advantage member, are having TVH paid approx. $140 per month.

You need to understand that if you have Medicare, your PCP needs to be your hospitalist if he/she is going to be reimbursed by Medicare.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post

I did not say CFH was part of the Villages Holding Company.

I said TVH is part of the Villages Holding Company.

TVH stands for The Villages HEALTH, the 'H' stands for Health, not Hospital.
CFH Alliance owns the Hospital referred to as TVRH (The Villages Regional Hospital)( CENTRAL FLORIDA HEALTH, INC.)

See the bottom of this link:
Primary Care Accepted Insurance - The Villages Health

Last edited by capecoralbill; 12-31-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
medicare, supplement, health, plan, age

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.