Medicare Supplement

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 04:04 PM

"Go to one the Medicare advisors inside a Villages Care Center and sign up for United Health Villages Medicare Plan. "

I did just that when we move to TV. The salesperson recommended that I chose Aspen Dental for my free cleanings. A whopping mistake.

Anyway, we both are now with Careplus, CareFree and receive a reimbursement each month towards our Medicare deduction. But, you must be reasonably healthy. It's worth some investigation.

Our healthcare has been exemplary. Our PGP is first rate and all our test and diagnostics have been either free or low cost.
The Village Rockers is now forming. Stay "tuned" for further details about this new club for musicians, singers and spectators. Send us your name and email address. We will put you on our email list for news, updates, meeting times and playdates.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerrich View Post
Does anyone have info about Medicare Advantage (Part C) with Tricare for Life? I was told that there are no copays and I would get extra benefits like Dental, Vision, OTC & Gym with no increase in cost. Also, my Part B would go down $50. This would be a no brainier, so what's the catch?

you might get a few extra bennies from the MA plan, but you might get more hassle, too.

it is my understanding that original medicare will automatically forward remainder bills to TFL. Not sure if an MA plan will do that.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:48 AM

Thanks to all that replied, but is there anyone that is retired military that are actually in my situation. My understanding is that there are over 7000 veterans at the local VFW. At least there must be a couple that use the village health care system. Anyone have a contact number for the local VFW?
Old 04-19-2020, 08:05 PM

Blue Cross (Mid Florida Agencies) your only local Florida Blue agency located in The Villages at Palm Ridge Plaza off CR 466 at 11962 CR 101, Suite 303 in addition to offices at Colony and Pinellas Health Care on CR 466A, phone 352-259-0666 can help. Talk to one of their agents before making a decision. You can also email Robin Gump, owner at Rgump@midfloridaagencies.com

Due to virus our agents are taking care of all clients by phone. Call us and we will answer all your questions.

Every Medicare health plan receives a yearly star rating on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest. For the second year in a row (2019 and 2020), we're proud to say our Florida Blue Medicare and FHCP Medicare HMO plans have earned a 5-star rating from CMS.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:07 AM
Veteran member

Medicare supplement plans can refuse patients who want to switch.

I originally enrolled in an Advantage plan at 65, which I was not entirely happy with. Two years later during open enrollment, I was prohibited from switching to regular Medicare plus supplement because the dosage of my medication exceeded their limits.

Medicare supplement plans are not permitted to ask about pre-existing conditions during initial enrollment, but under certain conditions, they can refuse patients who want to switch back. My only option was getting a different advantage plan.

Another question to verify with SHINE if you think it might apply to you.

(My needs are not everyone's, but I wish I had stayed with a Medicare supplement. It was more expensive, but in hindsight I should have just paid it.)
Closed Thread

Tags
medicare, villages, supplement, supplemental, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.