Medicare supplemental insurance

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM
Default Medicare supplemental insurance

Does anyone have Physicians Mutual Insurance as their supplemental insurance for Medicare?

I am a snowbird and Physicians Mutual is wonderful in Wisconsin. But is it good in The Villages.

I need to decide between AARP and Physicians Mutual soon. Any other Wisconsin snowbirds?

Also does anyone know if it is a hassle to switch companies if I decide to live in The Villages fulltime? Please only useful feedback. Thank you.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

I have had AARP ( J or some high plan) for 15 years and am completely happy with it. It was as good in Missouri as it in Florida.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillypoo View Post
Does anyone have Physicians Mutual Insurance as their supplemental insurance for Medicare?

I am a snowbird and Physicians Mutual is wonderful in Wisconsin. But is it good in The Villages.

I need to decide between AARP and Physicians Mutual soon. Any other Wisconsin snowbirds?

Also does anyone know if it is a hassle to switch companies if I decide to live in The Villages fulltime? Please only useful feedback. Thank you.
With a Medicare Supplement, if Medicare covers its portion of the bill, the supplement company will cover the remainder. In other words, if Medicare pays 80%, the supplement insurance company will pay the remaining 20%.

Conversely, if Medicare won't cover a procedure or test, the supplement insurance company won't either.

That's one of the major benefits of having a supplement plan -- no out-of-network issues to deal with. Granted, this comes at a cost -- the premiums are not the cheapest when compared to other insurance options, such as advantage plans.
Closed Thread

Tags
insurance, physicians, mutual, medicare, decide

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.