Melanoma cancer surgery concerns

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Default Melanoma cancer surgery concerns

I am really concerned with some of my friends who have had recent melanoma cancer surgery at Alliante dermatology who specializes with Mohs procedure.

One of them has had MAJOR complications after Dr Casper did a Mohs procedure on their leg. He made a major error because he left melanoma cancer behind. A large lump developed within months of the Mohs surgery. Dr Casper told my friend not to worry because it was only scare tissue. He did a topical biopsy and in 7 days informed my fiend that there was no melanoma...BUT a punch biopsy should have been done because leftover melanoma below the skin can only be seen but taking a deeper punch biopsy than a Topical biopsy. They did have more melanoma in the same location as Dr Casper operated.

My friend's general practitioner probably saved their life when he told my friend to go back to their demonologist because what she had was not scare tissue. Their GP called Dr Casper to express their concern. The GP highly recommended for them to get a referral to Moffit Cancer Center in Tampa. Moffitt was completely surprised that a dermatologist did this surgery because it was SO deep under the skin. Of course, Moffitt did do a CAT Scan to see if any Melanoma still existed or may have gone into other parts of the body.

I had a couple of the most common skin cancers, basil cell, remove by Dr Casper earlier this year by using the Mohs procedure. I have had Mohs surgery by another dermatologist in a different state and they cut the cancer out then made another margin cut around where the cancer was. They freeze this sample to check for any remaining cancer under a microscope. They repeat this process until they do not see anymore cancer cells under a microscope. This Mohs process took over 3 hours. Dr Casper was done in less than 10 Minutes on my Mohs procedure. How can he bill and claim to have done the Mohs procedure? NO additional tissue samples were taken. He said that he was confident he got it all.

Has anyone had the same concerns as me?

I am not a health care professional so my comments above are only based on my concern of my friends and other who need to know what they are buying. Please folks do your homework on something as serious as melanoma cancer.

I know one thing for sure I am going directly to an Oncologist if I get melanoma in the future.
Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, melanoma, mohs, casper, procedure

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.