MILD back procedure

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Default MILD back procedure

My doctor is suggesting the MILD procedure to help alleviate the pain from spinal stenosis. If you have had this procedure would you please provide me with you experience and if it has helped your back pain.
Thank you.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

I'm not familiar with MILD, but I'll monitor your post, I'd be interested to learn more. Good luck
Old 12-18-2019, 07:28 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

What is the name of the procedure???
Old 12-18-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

I wasn't familiar so I used google. This procedure is patented and marketed, but seemingly well done studies seem to support both safety and benefit. Like any relatively new technique there are not a lot of studies available. The best long term data, two years, compares MILD to steroid injections with much better results from MILD.

Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression Procedure for the Treatment of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis With Neurogenic Claudication

Vertos has just completed enrollment of new patients in a motion study. Data available next year

If I were considering this the questions I would be asking are:
How many of these have you performed? Where did you get the training in use of the patented materials?
Were you part of the nationwide study? Are you being supported by Vertos Medical?

If I were considering having this done.. I'd find out who were the doctors in the published studies. They have done it the most and I'd try to use them.

Here are the Florida sites of the ongoing motion study
United States, Florida
Spine & Pain Institute of Florida
Lakeland, Florida, United States, 33602

SIMED
Ocala, Florida, United States, 34474
here is the reference for that study
Old 12-22-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I wasn't familiar so I used google. This procedure is patented and marketed, but seemingly well done studies seem to support both safety and benefit. Like any relatively new technique there are not a lot of studies available. The best long term data, two years, compares MILD to steroid injections with much better results from MILD.

Long-Term Safety and Efficacy of Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression Procedure for the Treatment of Lumbar Spinal Stenosis With Neurogenic Claudication

Vertos has just completed enrollment of new patients in a motion study. Data available next year

If I were considering this the questions I would be asking are:
How many of these have you performed? Where did you get the training in use of the patented materials?
Were you part of the nationwide study? Are you being supported by Vertos Medical?

If I were considering having this done.. I'd find out who were the doctors in the published studies. They have done it the most and I'd try to use them.

Here are the Florida sites of the ongoing motion study
United States, Florida
Spine & Pain Institute of Florida
Lakeland, Florida, United States, 33602

SIMED
Ocala, Florida, United States, 34474
here is the reference for that study
Thanks for the valuable information. My doctor is Vijay Babu and has recently joined the Spine & Pain Institute of Florida. The epidural injection I received a few weeks ago has helped and can continue with this course of treatment if it continues to help. The MILD procedure would be the next step which I am researching at this point.
Closed Thread

Tags
procedure, back, pain, mild, suggesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.