Moffitt Leukemia Dr.needed

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Default Moffitt Leukemia Dr.needed

After a recent diagnosis of Leukemia I have decided to get a second opinion and would appreciate any recommendations for a Dr. at the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,178 Times in 834 Posts

I cannot help you with a specific recommendation, just a general comment. Firstly, my best wishes and hopes for a full remission. Secondly while I do not know Moffitt specifically, it has been my experience that tertiary care centers have well trained doctors who practice very similar medicine. There are of course going to be differences of personality, culture, perhaps even kindness. But as your goal is to seek an opinion on the way to attack your illness what you need is expertise and direction. I suspect that no matter who you see, that you will receive nearly identical information on those matters.
Our Approach to Treating Leukemia | moffitt.org

Here is a link to the physicians in the department. Keep in mind that at any given time not all will be seeing new patients or be available for consultations as those tasks generally rotate.
Search Result Doctors | moffitt.org

Note that there are three pages of doctors. When you click on each one's bio you see if they do leukemia management and even which specific forms of leukemia for some.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:40 AM

I don't have a dr at moffit,however I do know the name of one of the top physicians for this disease. his name is Dr. Edwin Alyea. He is at Dana Farber hospital in Boston. his # used to be 617-632-3903.his cell was 617-413-7017.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Thanks so much for the valuable information. I will research the individual doctors. I am also researching other cancer institutions but mentioned Moffitt as it appears to have a solid reputation.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.