Mulberry Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health Care Center

FINALLY found a good doctor, Dr. Robert Green. Ran tests that hadn’t been done before to totally understand my early diabetes. Spent a lot of time understanding me and working out a plan. I’m not a pill popper. Now, if only he stays. Doctors at Mulberry have been a revolving door. Not long after I get a good one, I receive a letter announcing their departure due to “going home to family” How come they all leave for the same reason? Looks like a form letter with the name filled in! Why can’t The Villages keep good doctors. The hierarchy and forces to be here leave a lot to be desired. We may be older folks but we’re not dumb. We all worked in Corporate America and know how the system works. Looks like I’ve got to go outside Mulberry and The Villages. Sad situation here.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:33 PM

I hope you have good luck with your doctor staying at least a couple years. It seems two to three years and they're gone.

I have been going to the Mulberry Health Center since it opened. I'm on my 5th doctor (Dr. Kennedy just left). I will meet my new Doctor next week for a New Patient appointment I've had excellent care there, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it shut down. When I'm there for Blood Work, or for a Doctor Appointment, there is never much activity. The Waiting Room most of the time is empty. The Staff working in the " Huddle" look Bored to death! I just don't think they have enough patients to keep them busy.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Gold member

Yes, Dr Wald was MY favorite as well. He was 80 and still working 70+ hours a week. I don't blame him at all for going back to Pennsylvania to do what he loved, teaching. My understanding is the Dr green is commuting from Tampa daily. Hope he stays, I have been pleased with Dr Graham Hooker so far.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM
deestatham
Default Dr. Green

I think Dr. Green is actually living in Polo Ridge right now. Seems to love The Villages and is retirement age I think. He’s perfect. I loved Dr.Kennedy too but she left. My husband liked her too. Something just isn’t right at Mulberry Health Care. Is it the management? We just seem to keep losing good doctors. I’m hoping I don’t lose Dr. Green.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Gone again

Just got a call from Villages Health yesterday. Dr Green is not renewing his contract. In 2 1/2 years I've had 4 doctors leave and he would have been my fifth! I'm leaving Mulberry because their turnover is outrageous. They insist nothing is wrong at their clinic but....?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:20 AM
Platinum member

Don’t know if it’s Mulberry. When I was at VHS Pinellas, Doctor turnover was very high as well.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage

Although I'm no longer in the Villages Health System, during my time as a patient there was a lot of movement by doctors. Dr. Kennedy used to be at Creekside, then transferred to Mulberry. I too wonder why, are the salaries too low or are there management issues?

Last edited by Carla B; 07-19-2019 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Although I'm no longer in the Villages Health System, during my time as a patient there was a lot of movement by doctors. Dr. Kennedy used to be at Creekside, then transferred to Mulberry. I too wonder why, are the salaries too low or are their management issues?
Very Wise Reply. The answer is Both are the problems.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health Center

I did finally get to talk to Brenda Stone, the office manager there. She is aware of the frequent doctor turnover. I told her I don’t want to be seen by a nurse when I’m paying for a doctor. She understands my concern and noted it in my record. If Dr. Green leaves, I’m forced to find another doctor outside The Villages. I wonder if they’re leaving because they aren’t being paid enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
I hope you have good luck with your doctor staying at least a couple years. It seems two to three years and they're gone.

I have been going to the Mulberry Health Center since it opened. I'm on my 5th doctor (Dr. Kennedy just left). I will meet my new Doctor next week for a New Patient appointment I've had excellent care there, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it shut down. When I'm there for Blood Work, or for a Doctor Appointment, there is never much activity. The Waiting Room most of the time is empty. The Staff working in the " Huddle" look Bored to death! I just don't think they have enough patients to keep them busy.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:38 PM

I really enjoyed being part of the United Health Group; but, as you said, they don't seem to have enough doctors.
I was a patient of Dr. Kennedy (absolutely loved her) for many years and was so disappointed when she left the practice. I believe her husband was in the military and was able to return to their home in Ohio.
In the meantime, trying to get an appointment with another female doctor in The Villages United Health Group seemed to be impossible. I was told would have to wait to have them call me for a "first" appointment in a minimum of 2 months. After waiting a month, and no followup, I called and they still didn't have an opening.
Since then, I found another doctor outside their system to see within a month.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 PM
deestatham
Default What??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Just got a call from Villages Health yesterday. Dr Green is not renewing his contract. In 2 1/2 years I've had 4 doctors leave and he would have been my fifth! I'm leaving Mulberry because their turnover is outrageous. They insist nothing is wrong at their clinic but....?
WHAT? When I spoke with Brenda Stone yesterday she guaranteed me Dr. Green would be my doctor! He likes it here and all of us like him, so what the heck is going on? I’m really “sick” of this! Maybe it’s time to dig deeper and find the root cause for all this turnover. Sooner or later, everybody is going to leave Mulberry. All I know is my insurance pays for a PCP and I want to keep Dr. Green as my PCP.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 AM
Veteran member

I agree. Part of good quality health care is continuity of care. My last doctor, Dr. Kennedy, has left, and now my scheduled new doctor, Dr. Greene, is leaving, I am left with no current doctor. They said they are getting two new female doctors next month. It is all very discouraging.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:08 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Yesterday I logged into my patient portal and sent messages to both Dr. Green and the office manager, Brenda Stone asking WHY I was ASSURED the day before that Dr. Green would be there for me in August to help with my diabetes. No reply yet. But I really want to know what the problem is. I’ve had 4 doctors in less then 4 years. How can ANYBODY get decent care when doctors rotate in and out all the time. As I said earlier, my insurance pays for me to see a doctor, not a nurse. Once I get a reply to my emails to Mulberry I’ll share them here.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Yesterday I logged into my patient portal and sent messages to both Dr. Green and the office manager, Brenda Stone asking WHY I was ASSURED the day before that Dr. Green would be there for me in August to help with my diabetes. No reply yet. But I really want to know what the problem is. I’ve had 4 doctors in less then 4 years. How can ANYBODY get decent care when doctors rotate in and out all the time. As I said earlier, my insurance pays for me to see a doctor, not a nurse. Once I get a reply to my emails to Mulberry I’ll share them here.
We live further away from Mulberry but started out there when we first arrived. We live very close to Santa Barbara and love the Doctor we have and the staff there can't be beaten. Sometimes we have had to travel elsewhere to get a Doctor instead of a Nurse Practioner which I have no problem seeing for many small health concerns but sometimes we want a Doctor. There is an excellent N.P. at Santa Barabra, her first name is Silvia.

We wish you luck getting a Doctor who Stays. Maybe trying another office would help. We understand your frustration.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:00 AM
deestatham

Isn’t this amazing! I’ll be interested to see the response I get to my emails.
Closed Thread

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.