Mulberry Health Care Center

Mulberry Health Care Center

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

What??????
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 PM

Default What??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Just got a call from Villages Health yesterday. Dr Green is not renewing his contract. In 2 1/2 years I've had 4 doctors leave and he would have been my fifth! I'm leaving Mulberry because their turnover is outrageous. They insist nothing is wrong at their clinic but....?
WHAT? When I spoke with Brenda Stone yesterday she guaranteed me Dr. Green would be my doctor! He likes it here and all of us like him, so what the heck is going on? I’m really “sick” of this! Maybe it’s time to dig deeper and find the root cause for all this turnover. Sooner or later, everybody is going to leave Mulberry. All I know is my insurance pays for a PCP and I want to keep Dr. Green as my PCP.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 AM
Veteran member

I agree. Part of good quality health care is continuity of care. My last doctor, Dr. Kennedy, has left, and now my scheduled new doctor, Dr. Greene, is leaving, I am left with no current doctor. They said they are getting two new female doctors next month. It is all very discouraging.
Sponsored Links
Mulberry
Old 07-19-2019, 07:08 AM

Default Mulberry

Yesterday I logged into my patient portal and sent messages to both Dr. Green and the office manager, Brenda Stone asking WHY I was ASSURED the day before that Dr. Green would be there for me in August to help with my diabetes. No reply yet. But I really want to know what the problem is. I’ve had 4 doctors in less then 4 years. How can ANYBODY get decent care when doctors rotate in and out all the time. As I said earlier, my insurance pays for me to see a doctor, not a nurse. Once I get a reply to my emails to Mulberry I’ll share them here.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Yesterday I logged into my patient portal and sent messages to both Dr. Green and the office manager, Brenda Stone asking WHY I was ASSURED the day before that Dr. Green would be there for me in August to help with my diabetes. No reply yet. But I really want to know what the problem is. I’ve had 4 doctors in less then 4 years. How can ANYBODY get decent care when doctors rotate in and out all the time. As I said earlier, my insurance pays for me to see a doctor, not a nurse. Once I get a reply to my emails to Mulberry I’ll share them here.
We live further away from Mulberry but started out there when we first arrived. We live very close to Santa Barbara and love the Doctor we have and the staff there can't be beaten. Sometimes we have had to travel elsewhere to get a Doctor instead of a Nurse Practioner which I have no problem seeing for many small health concerns but sometimes we want a Doctor. There is an excellent N.P. at Santa Barabra, her first name is Silvia.

We wish you luck getting a Doctor who Stays. Maybe trying another office would help. We understand your frustration.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:00 AM

Isn’t this amazing! I’ll be interested to see the response I get to my emails.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 AM

Like you, I don’t mind seeing a NP for minor issues but I want to be sure my insurance isn’t being billed for a doctor visit. I guess I’d have to ask my insurance company. Also a NP at Mulberry prescribed a diabetes medication for me. Once I researched the medication, I found it is linked to bladder cancer. I had cancer 4 years ago, so I don’t want to play with fire. This information is in my record at Mulberry.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 AM

Part of the problem at Mulberry is the staff. Getting past the front desk to your doctor is like trying to get into the Pentagon! Those Ladies were borderline rude. The ladies I'm talking about are now gone and younger ladies are there and seem to be a bit more receptive to my calls. I also had a bad experience with a PA who diagnosed me as having a UT (with extreme pain on my side) when the next day a doc at Urgent Care said I had Shingles. She gave me two shots and a prescription, and I was fine in a couple days. I should not have to go to Urgent Care when I have a Doctor! I expressed my unhappiness to Dr. Kennedy and said I did not wish to see a PA when I need a DR. (I usually only go every six months to see her). She put it in my chart and said that should never have happened and that they had just had a big staff meeting with her telling the Receptionists they should put calls through to HER staff and let THEM decide if a patient should be seen by a DOCTOR or not! So, the front desk was calling the shots! Now I see on this Thread they are expecting Two Female Doctors in a couple months. We will see! I don't have a lot of confidence in Mulberry at this point!
Mulberry
Old 07-19-2019, 09:37 AM

Default Mulberry

Sunny70: I know what you mean. I physically went to the office to see Brenda Stone when she didn’t return my 2 phone calls and the front desk said she was gone for the day. It was 3pm. Said she’d be in at 9am so I left a handwritte note to call me. When she hadn’t called me by 10am the next day, I called again and finally got through. She said she has only been there since a February but is aware of the frequent turnover. She also assured me Dr. Green would be there. At Christmas I was sick. Called Mulberry and left message to see a doctor. Never got a call back. Had to go to Urgent Care. They were great and started me on a week of injections to clear up the viral 9nfection. Urgent Care is really good.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Urgent Care is really good.
Which Urgent Care did you use?
Mulberry, Urgent Care
Old 07-19-2019, 11:36 AM

Default Mulberry, Urgent Care

Barefoot: I’m referring to Urgent Care on 441 near 42.

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot