Mulberry Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2019, 08:06 AM
deestatham

Like you, I don’t mind seeing a NP for minor issues but I want to be sure my insurance isn’t being billed for a doctor visit. I guess I’d have to ask my insurance company. Also a NP at Mulberry prescribed a diabetes medication for me. Once I researched the medication, I found it is linked to bladder cancer. I had cancer 4 years ago, so I don’t want to play with fire. This information is in my record at Mulberry.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:09 AM

Part of the problem at Mulberry is the staff. Getting past the front desk to your doctor is like trying to get into the Pentagon! Those Ladies were borderline rude. The ladies I'm talking about are now gone and younger ladies are there and seem to be a bit more receptive to my calls. I also had a bad experience with a PA who diagnosed me as having a UT (with extreme pain on my side) when the next day a doc at Urgent Care said I had Shingles. She gave me two shots and a prescription, and I was fine in a couple days. I should not have to go to Urgent Care when I have a Doctor! I expressed my unhappiness to Dr. Kennedy and said I did not wish to see a PA when I need a DR. (I usually only go every six months to see her). She put it in my chart and said that should never have happened and that they had just had a big staff meeting with her telling the Receptionists they should put calls through to HER staff and let THEM decide if a patient should be seen by a DOCTOR or not! So, the front desk was calling the shots! Now I see on this Thread they are expecting Two Female Doctors in a couple months. We will see! I don't have a lot of confidence in Mulberry at this point!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:37 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Sunny70: I know what you mean. I physically went to the office to see Brenda Stone when she didn’t return my 2 phone calls and the front desk said she was gone for the day. It was 3pm. Said she’d be in at 9am so I left a handwritte note to call me. When she hadn’t called me by 10am the next day, I called again and finally got through. She said she has only been there since a February but is aware of the frequent turnover. She also assured me Dr. Green would be there. At Christmas I was sick. Called Mulberry and left message to see a doctor. Never got a call back. Had to go to Urgent Care. They were great and started me on a week of injections to clear up the viral 9nfection. Urgent Care is really good.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Urgent Care is really good.
Which Urgent Care did you use?
Old 07-19-2019, 11:36 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry, Urgent Care

Barefoot: I’m referring to Urgent Care on 441 near 42.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Barefoot: I’m referring to Urgent Care on 441 near 42.
Dee, thanks for your reply.
I'm off topic, but I've used Paramount Urgent Care on CR 466, because it's covered by my Travel Insurance.
I also find Paramount to be capable.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
.. Had to go to Urgent Care. They were great and started me on a week of injections to clear up the viral infection. Urgent Care is really good.
I am very very interested in this information. I hope you'll be willing to post what injection you received over the course of a week to help you overcome a viral infection. If you don't want it on the public forum, I promise to not post the information if you private message me
Old 07-22-2019, 05:56 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health Care Center - Dr. Green

Well I finally got a call back from Brenda Stone in reply to the email I sent her. She confirmed that Dr. Green is, indeed, leaving! I expressed my disappointment because he was helping me so much. She said the decision was made at the upper management level. I told her that I’m really concerned about the revolving door at Mulberry. If salary is the issue, I don’t understand that when most everyone here has good insurance. I wonder what the salary for the head of The Villages Medical System is. I’m a paying customer so I have a say in who I want for a doctor. I asked to be transferred to Dr. Green to say goodbye and he assured me it is not his decision to leave. He wants to stay and I want him to stay. Maybe it’s time to get the truth before yet another good doctor leaves. Something is very wrong here.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:48 PM
deestatham
Default Maybe this is the problem at Mulberry Health Center

After USF failure in the Villages, top official finds job there

Read this article in The Tampa Times. This guy is now theChief Medical Officer here in The Villages. Not a good endorsement for sure. Maybe this is the reason we lose so many good doctors like Dr. Green at Mulberry.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Seeking info

Quote:

Read this article in The Tampa Times. This guy is now theChief Medical Officer here in The Villages. Not a good endorsement for sure. Maybe this is the reason we lose so many good doctors like Dr. Green at Mulberry.
I tried to access this article but it requires a subscription. Can you tell us what the gist of it is? I too am quite upset at yet another turnover at Villages Health and am trying to obtain further information about it. Any inkling would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:04 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I am very very interested in this information. I hope you'll be willing to post what injection you received over the course of a week to help you overcome a viral infection. If you don't want it on the public forum, I promise to not post the information if you private message me
It was Rocephin
Old 07-23-2019, 12:08 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health - Tampa Times

Quote:

I just clicked on the link and was able to get the article without a subscription. Try again, if it doesn’t work for you, I’ll create a .pdf and send.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:48 PM
deestatham

He wants to renew.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
It was Rocephin
Sent you a private message.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 AM

Have been on The Villages Health wait list for over 3 months to become a new patient. Told them would take any doctor at any office. Still on the wait list. Called FHV Health | The Region's Most Complete, Private Health Facility they also do yearly primary care visits. They gave me an appointment in 3 days.
Closed Thread

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.