Mulberry Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2019, 07:43 AM
deestatham

Thx. The Villages Health has trouble keeping doctors so it seems best to go outside. Will check out your recommendation.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:37 PM

I am new to the villages and signed up to see Dr. Green. Been to see him 2 times and found him to be a super primary care doctor who is up to date on every aspect of health issues for people my age. Now I understand he may be leaving Mullberry which seems to be a frequent problem with that particular location. I wonder what is going on over there? Why are doctors leaving positions they really like after such a short time? Many seem to be asking the same question. What is the underlying problem?
Old 07-24-2019, 03:18 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFIF View Post
I am new to the villages and signed up to see Dr. Green. Been to see him 2 times and found him to be a super primary care doctor who is up to date on every aspect of health issues for people my age. Now I understand he may be leaving Mullberry which seems to be a frequent problem with that particular location. I wonder what is going on over there? Why are doctors leaving positions they really like after such a short time? Many seem to be asking the same question. What is the underlying problem?
Like you, I don’t understand it either. I really like Dr. Green too. He’s been helping me and it seems many others feel the same way. I’ve been here 4 years and have gone through 4 doctors. I’m beginning to think this is a management problem. All of these doctors are leaving and the patients are suffering. I’ve been given information by the staff that I later found misleading or totally untrue. Im going to talk with our neighborhood advocate and find out if something can be done to get my concerns addressed. It’s time to get the truth here.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Just for the record, I have been a patient at The Villages Health for 5 years. I'm extremely happy. My primary care physician (I've had for 5 years) is excellent (not at Mulberry). I love their "model" of spending time with patients, I like that I can get in to see either a physician, PA or Nurse Practitioner within 24 hours if I have an issue. I can also ask questions or discuss an issue with my physician through the patient portal. I've personally never experienced any "problems" with TVH.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:25 AM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Just for the record, I have been a patient at The Villages Health for 5 years. I'm extremely happy. My primary care physician (I've had for 5 years) is excellent (not at Mulberry). I love their "model" of spending time with patients, I like that I can get in to see either a physician, PA or Nurse Practitioner within 24 hours if I have an issue. I can also ask questions or discuss an issue with my physician through the patient portal. I've personally never experienced any "problems" with TVH.
That’s good to hear. This says to me the problem is with Mulberry alone and not the entire system. If this is, indeed, the case, I need to change locations. But I still want Dr. Green as my PCP and the management at Mulberry isn’t letting that happen.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:36 AM

Hey Everyone, Any good news from Mulberry? I sure hope Dr. Green can remain in the village system.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:47 AM
deestatham
Default Dr. Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFIF View Post
Hey Everyone, Any good news from Mulberry? I sure hope Dr. Green can remain in the village system.
No. Dr. Green is being let go today. I’m upset and others are too. He wants to stay, we want him to stay, so what’s the problem here? Need some questions answered. There is a new CEO who may be open to having our questions answered. Mulberry seems to be the problem moreso then the entire system.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:50 AM
deestatham

Well, it’s official, Dr. Green was let go today and is being pushed out of his house by noon tomorrow.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Well, it’s official, Dr. Green was let go today and is being pushed out of his house by noon tomorrow.
What does "being pushed out of his house" mean?
Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 AM
deestatham

Told to leave by noon tomorrow even though he has a lease.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Sage

Does this mean he leased his home from The Villages Health System?
Old 07-25-2019, 01:34 PM
deestatham

Yes, that’s my understanding. In Polo Ridge.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM

Wow, I just don't what to say. So sad. Who is the new person in charge concerning Mulberry care?
Old 07-25-2019, 04:57 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry Health

I know. It’s terrible and as a patient it really concerns me. Some guy named Lowenkron and a woman named Pelovak are the people who fired him. Would love to hear from them but no luck. The patients love Dr. Green. If they would transfer him to another center, I’d go there but no one is listening to the patients. I’ll keep asking questions until I get some truthful answers. Good doctors keep getting let go which means I have to start all over again. I’m hoping the new CEO, Dr. Trinh will take a look at this problem. He just came onboard in December. Maybe he’ll bring Dr. Green back after he investigates the truth.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:04 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Part of the problem at Mulberry is the staff. Getting past the front desk to your doctor is like trying to get into the Pentagon! Those Ladies were borderline rude. The ladies I'm talking about are now gone and younger ladies are there and seem to be a bit more receptive to my calls. I also had a bad experience with a PA who diagnosed me as having a UT (with extreme pain on my side) when the next day a doc at Urgent Care said I had Shingles. She gave me two shots and a prescription, and I was fine in a couple days. I should not have to go to Urgent Care when I have a Doctor! I expressed my unhappiness to Dr. Kennedy and said I did not wish to see a PA when I need a DR. (I usually only go every six months to see her). She put it in my chart and said that should never have happened and that they had just had a big staff meeting with her telling the Receptionists they should put calls through to HER staff and let THEM decide if a patient should be seen by a DOCTOR or not! So, the front desk was calling the shots! Now I see on this Thread they are expecting Two Female Doctors in a couple months. We will see! I don't have a lot of confidence in Mulberry at this point!
This is probably the reason Dr. Kennedy left. Office politics. Really liked her too. The receptionist there told me they don’t like Dr. Green questioning them. Seems the medical assistants rule there. Since when does an assistant over rule a doctor? All I know is I like Dr. Green and I’m paying the bills there. I want him to be my PCP.
Closed Thread

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.