Mulberry Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2019, 09:31 AM
deestatham

Yes, you’re right. I guess patients here aren’t entitled to full disclosure yet we read full disclosure all the time in newspapers and on TV. “Moving on” is just not an option or solution when it comes to our health care, especially when we’re paying the bills.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Contacted the local newspapers today to submit a Letter To The Editor regarding the firing by Mr. Lowenkron and Ms. Pelovak of Dr. Green. Will post any replies I get from them.

When you say “newspapers,” do you mean The Daily Sun? Would you really expect them to publish a letter critical of VHS?
Old 07-28-2019, 09:44 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
When you say “newspapers,” do you mean The Daily Sun? Would you really expect them to publish a letter critical of VHS?
Wow! I guess the problem is even deeper then expected, huh! Is Fake News alive and well in Florida’s Friendliest Home Town
Old 07-28-2019, 11:09 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
While I am sympathetic to the OP who is quite frustrated, you are not entitled to know why a person was discharged. Neither does the front desk know, nor the office nurse, nor perhaps the other doctors in the office. A decision to let a doctor go against his wish is a private matter. I will give a few examples I am NOT saying any of this applies to the doctor being discussed but all of them would result in a doctor being discharged and no public reason would be provided.

The doctor is accused of inappropriate contact with a patient or an employee in the office or in any other professional environment, inappropriate language or evidence of bias against an employee or a patient. The doctor falsified information on his employment or educational history, or has falsified documentation in the medical record. The doctor has developed a drug or alcohol problem and declines the offered care. The doctor is unable to work at the required pace or does not do the needed paperwork to have patients and insurers billed for services.

I could offer you many many other scenarios where what seems to the patient to be an excellent doctor is going to be dismissed and you are not going to get any answer from the administration as to why.
This is good information. Where can we find this to read more about it? Certainly appreciate your input and support.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Unfortunately you will not be told by the medical system why someone was let go. If you call someone's former employer to verify past employment you will be told "so and so worked here from [date] through [date]" and that is all. They don't want to be sued by the ex-employee for slander.

I went through the same type of thing up north with Mainline Health, a large system in the Philly area. During the ten years I went there several of my doctors left the system and I was passed on to someone else. (I always assumed the "leaving" was voluntary but who knows!) I got lucky the last few years that my last doctor stuck around. It sounds like something more is going on at Mulberry but the public is unlikely to find out what it is.

kathy
Old 07-28-2019, 11:54 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Sad situation when the patient can’t get the truth, isn’t it? I’ve heard one side of this story, just want to hear the other side. It’s just that simple.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Wow! I guess the problem is even deeper then expected, huh! Is Fake News alive and well in Florida’s Friendliest Home Town
/////.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
This is good information. Where can we find this to read more about it? Certainly appreciate your input and support.
Do a Google search "why do doctors leave a practice".
You will get enough information to keep you busy till Labor Day!
Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do a Google search "why do doctors leave a practice".
You will get enough information to keep you busy till Labor Day!
Will do. We can always vote with our feet.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:17 PM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny70 View Post
Interesting to read all of the above Posts. I've been going to Mulberry since it was built and before that I went to Pinellas where I saw Dr. Horner. She had been my doctor (from Bellview) while the Villages Health was still in the planning stage. I was shocked when The Villages decided to kick out all patients who did not have Medicare Advantage. Some of my best friends were devastated they were forced a doctor they loved. It's a mess!

Dee, I support what you are trying to do and I certainly hope you can talk to those in charge. It's doubtful, but I will hope for the best!
Getting your letter into the Villages Daily News will help. I would bet lots of folks will respond that they have had similar things happen to them. This is not good PR for The Villages!
We can always vote with our feet!!
Old 07-28-2019, 05:35 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Agree with BlueAsh. It’s a personnel issue. Private. No one owes you or anyone an explanation. Not defending VH. Any employer wishing to avoid lawsuits would take the same stance.

As to PR, they’ve proven they can do what they want and the bucks keep pouring in.

I hope you find another doctor with whom you are happy. Time to move on.
Totally agree. TVH could get sued... even if the information they provided was accurate. When I was a manager I was only able to tell someone who inquired about a previous employee that the employee once worked for the company. Nothing more.
I don't know why he's leaving... but if there were personnel issues, do you honestly think they're going to tell you? Maybe there's a reason they're not talking.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Totally agree. TVH could get sued... even if the information they provided was accurate. When I was a manager I was only able to tell someone who inquired about a previous employee that the employee once worked for the company. Nothing more.
I don't know why he's leaving... but if there were personnel issues, do you honestly think they're going to tell you? Maybe there's a reason they're not talking.

We can vote with our feet. Dr. Green is telling his side of the story but not TVH. All we know here is we’re losing yet another good doctor. The door will continue to revolve.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
We can vote with our feet. Dr. Green is telling his side of the story but not TVH. All we know here is we’re losing yet another good doctor. The door will continue to revolve.
You have every right to do what you feel is best for you.
And you are absolutely right... you are only hearing one side of the story. (and there are always two sides to every story).
Old 07-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Do you folks work at Mulberry?
I don't work anywhere, and I'm not permanently moved into the Villages yet so my doctor is still in Connecticut, where we're waiting for our house to sell before completing the move.

Not that THAT is any of your business either but I figured I'd just throw that in there for ya.

Now back on topic: The other people are right. It's none of your business WHY a doctor is no longer at a facility. It is your business that your doctor is gone, but not why.

If you were fired from your job, would you mind if your ex-boss told everyone who asked why he fired you? Would you be okay with that?

If you learned why, what would you DO with that information? It would ease your mind knowing that the doctor had a serious issue that had absolutely nothing to do with you, that required his employer to fire him?

Yes? Well then here: the doctor had a serious issue that had absolutely nothing to do with you, that required his employer to fire him.

There's your answer to the question "why."
Old 07-28-2019, 09:07 PM
deestatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I don't work anywhere, and I'm not permanently moved into the Villages yet so my doctor is still in Connecticut, where we're waiting for our house to sell before completing the move.

Not that THAT is any of your business either but I figured I'd just throw that in there for ya.

Now back on topic: The other people are right. It's none of your business WHY a doctor is no longer at a facility. It is your business that your doctor is gone, but not why.

If you were fired from your job, would you mind if your ex-boss told everyone who asked why he fired you? Would you be okay with that?

If you learned why, what would you DO with that information? It would ease your mind knowing that the doctor had a serious issue that had absolutely nothing to do with you, that required his employer to fire him?

Yes? Well then here: the doctor had a serious issue that had absolutely nothing to do with you, that required his employer to fire him.

There's your answer to the question "why."

Wow! No need to get so defensive here. The rules for posting on this board are civility first. Seems you know a lot about this issue. Please feel free to share with us. What is the serious issue being referenced? And welcome to The Villages!
Closed Thread

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.