Mulberry Health Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2019, 06:10 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

And just one more thing - when I was at Mulberry a few weeks ago, going over my lab results with Dr. Green in a private room, the medical assistant opened the door without even knocking first, and said my time was up. What?! I wasn’t finished yet and I really don’t think I was taking too much time. I just needed to fully understand my labs.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Wow! No need to get so defensive here. The rules for posting on this board are civility first. Seems you know a lot about this issue. Please feel free to share with us. What is the serious issue being referenced? And welcome to The Villages!
this issue?
Old 07-29-2019, 07:31 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Totally agree. TVH could get sued... even if the information they provided was accurate. When I was a manager I was only able to tell someone who inquired about a previous employee that the employee once worked for the company. Nothing more.
I don't know why he's leaving... but if there were personnel issues, do you honestly think they're going to tell you? Maybe there's a reason they're not talking.
Likewise, well respected doctors could sue TVH for wrongful dismissal and putting a blemish on their reputation.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:39 AM
deestatham
Default Mulbrrry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
this issue?
Yes, you wrote in your post “the doctor had a serious issue”. Do tell.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deestatham View Post
Yes, you wrote in your post “the doctor had a serious issue”. Do tell.
I'm the one who wrote that, not Bogie Shooter. And by "serious issue" I meant "an issue serious enough that it would cause an employer to fire an employee, whatever that serious issue happens to be."

Whatever issue it was, it was serious enough to cause the employer to fire the employee.

At places like Mulberry, the physicians are, for all intents and purposes, just employees. These clinics/medical centers are run by companies that hire the doctors and other staff to perform their functions. The doctors do not run the show like they do in private practices.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:12 AM
Gold member

IMHO, after 8 pages of rants on this subject, I'd be surprised if TVH would ever welcome you back.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-29-2019, 08:25 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I'm the one who wrote that, not Bogie Shooter. And by "serious issue" I meant "an issue serious enough that it would cause an employer to fire an employee, whatever that serious issue happens to be."

Whatever issue it was, it was serious enough to cause the employer to fire the employee.

At places like Mulberry, the physicians are, for all intents and purposes, just employees. These clinics/medical centers are run by companies that hire the doctors and other staff to perform their functions. The doctors do not run the show like they do in private practices.

Thanks for the clarification. The revolving door at Mulberry makes me question who is doing the hiring and how are these people’s job performance being measured. Their track record is less then glowing with so much turnover. Are they screening applicants effectively- obviously not. This problem at Mulberry will continue. It’s going to be interesting to watch.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:32 AM
deestatham
Default Mulberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
IMHO, after 8 pages of rants on this subject, I'd be surprised if TVH would ever welcome you back.
LOL! But I don’t think I’m alone.
Closed Thread

Tags
mulberry, good, villages, doctors, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.